True Jones Evaluation Today

vol4life35

Today with three weeks to prepare I want to see the offensive and defensive gameplan and if we are able to be effective against Iowa. For me, if he is able to win this game I will be very excited and his ability to bring us to SEC title games. And soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Today with three weeks to prepare I want to see the offensive and defensive gameplan and if we are able to be effective against Iowa. For me, if he is able to win this game I will be very excited and his ability to bring us to SEC title games. And soon.

I tend to agree with you. Bowl games are tough to guage with the amount of time off. If the team comes out and plays well...win or lose, I'll be excited going into '15.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree. Do we have a good coach or just an average coach thats media friendly and a very good recruiter? Depending on how we win or lose, this game may be very telling.

As long as it's a competitive game, I'll be happy.

Seeing how we have several key players hurt and not playing, I'm not jump on the fire Butch train if we lose. He's improved our team from last year, and next year has great potential. So duh, this game doesn't decide how great he is IMO.

Reactions: 8 people
Are you a BJ fan? I just dont understand this type of thinking.

We still aren't a great team. It's not as if we are hands down the better team. Obviously I want to win, but to judge CBJ poorly based off a close bowl loss is asinine IMO

Reactions: 11 people
Are you a BJ fan? I just dont understand this type of thinking.

I am a fan of BJs (Sorry, it was too easy to pass up)

Anyway, I am not placing entire coaching abilities on one game.
He could shine but a loss is not an absolute...well anything.

Saban lost, should I conclude he cannot coach?

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not worried...if we win, SOMEONE will start a thread whining about something really important. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Were playing with a one legged man on the O-line,most of the top recievers out, in the first bowl game for any of these kids and this is a win or else game for CBJ.

NO WAY!!!!

I hope and expect us to win, but I will not be calling for CBJ's head if we lose. We have the youngest team in the SEC and MAYBE THE WHOLE COUNTRY for a major program. We are only going to get better in the future. Look at the class we have coming in this year.

BEAT IOWA.

Reactions: 6 people
Were playing with a one legged man and one handed on the O-line,most of the top recievers out, in the first bowl game for any of these kids and this is a win or else game for CBJ.

NO WAY!!!!

I hope and expect us to win, but I will not be calling for CBJ's head if we lose. We have the youngest team in the SEC and MAYBE THE WHOLE COUNTRY for a major program. We are only going to get better in the future. Look at the class we have coming in this year.

BEAT IOWA.

fyp
Btw, does that mean we sent a one legged man to an arse kicking contest?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

A reasonable post. Thank you.

What this game will show is that with 3 weeks to prepare the coaches can adjust players n scheme to hide our weaknesses n attack their weakness.

So should see adj to what the ol has to do, adj to play calling for Dobbs and Def load the box to stop the run if that's our only option.

If we get blown out sorry that is a reflection on the coaches.. I know most won't like it but if we lose his record will be the same has doolander through yr 2. However rec is way better..lol

Its ShowTime folks

Not at all. (but he does live more off of talent than x's and o's imo). I did say it depended on how we win or lose. For example, turnovers are generally not a coaching issue IMO so if were to lose because of a couple of fumbles, I have a harder time blaming the coach.

excuses excuses. We have plenty of good, young recievers. Be real, if we dont beat iowa it will be dissapointing.

GBRVS are you hitting the local refreshment made down there in Lynchburg already, come on and be real yourself.

I am always disappointed when we lose; always. But there is a difference between making excuses like Bammers today and realizing certain facts. Our oline is pourous, they give their all, but they leave JD running for his life. I do not care if you have GREAT senior recievers out there, if the QB is running for his life, and does not have time to even find his 1st option a team will struggle.

Who is gonna show up?

butch.jpg

OR

ditka-in-sweater.jpg

What this game will show is that with 3 weeks to prepare the coaches can adjust players n scheme to hide our weaknesses n attack their weakness.

So should see adj to what the ol has to do, adj to play calling for Dobbs and Def load the box to stop the run if that's our only option.

If we get blown out sorry that is a reflection on the coaches.. I know most won't like it but if we lose his record will be the same has doolander through yr 2. However rec is way better..lol

Its ShowTime folks

You do realize the other team also had time to change schemes that we may have prepared for right?

Not a s.s. pumper but watching Oregon, KS etc, has shown me how important experience is. Don't get me wrong, stars are great but we are in desperate need of
experience.

Im a big fan of Butch Jones but if you dont think this is a good barometer of what kind of coach he is your kidding yourself. Youre scared we might lose and imo you are just planting the excuses in case it happens. Its ok, ive been doing it for years

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We need to win this game to show that we are improving. Another losing season would hurt. Im tired of the excuses! You can either coach or you cant. This game will show whether CBJ is all talk.

We need to win this game to show that we are improving. Another losing season would hurt. Im tired of the excuses! You can either coach or you cant. This game will show whether CBJ is all talk.

I dont think its that clear cut but I tend to agree.

VN Store

Back