Tommy Thigpen Rumor

Dewey

I have heard a little rumor that with Chizik being hired as DC at UNC that he is going to try and bring Thig back to his alma mater. Hopefully, this is nothing more than a rumor, but you never know how people will respond when your school comes knocking.

Pay Thig!

Reactions: 1 person
I have heard a little rumor that with Chizik being hired as DC at UNC that he is going to try and bring Thig back to his alma mater. Hopefully, this is nothing more than a rumor, but you never know how people will respond when your school comes knocking.

Pay Thig!

Didn't Jones new contract have more money for the Assistants?

Reactions: 4 people
blog-fish-jump.jpg

Reactions: 25 people

Pay Thig!

You mean that you just made up a rumor.

Reactions: 34 people

Pay Thig!

On the surface this seems like it could be a concern.

According to Thigpen's wife's Facebook account they visited Auburn two weeks ago. Gene Chizik still lives in Auburn. Done deal

On the surface this seems like it could be a concern.

According to Thigpen's wife's Facebook account they visited Auburn two weeks ago. Gene Chizik still lives in Auburn. Done deal

Coach Mathews said he thought we would lose a coach or two. Bring back trooper.....

I don't think its a rumor. I heard same thing about a week ago. I thought it had been reported already. Edit..what I heard was that UNC was trying to get thigpen as DC. My bad.

Last edited:
Not jumping to conclusions but it's no secret that Thigpen hasn't been as active in recruiting this year.

I have no idea why someone would want to go coach at UNC if they already held a coaching position. Chizik's buyout is almost paid, so I guess he needs to start making more than SEC Network money. Going to UNC right now for anyone with an actual coaching job right now seems to be career suicide.

Reactions: 4 people
So 4 star players n now our best recruiter according to VN is jumping ship...

Now what happened between yr 2 n yr 3 of dools??? Same record to this point n some discontent of star players n coaches. Is this groundhog day or what..lol

Jk...well maybe.. Sunshine sheep don't jump off the cliff yet

Reactions: 2 people
UNC is a dumpster fire. NCAA should hammer them for academic scandal

They to worried about what happened at So. Miss. Few yrs back unc football team were gettin benefits and now this academic stuff with the athletics. If I'm So. Miss and ncaa called, Id say "unc, holla back." And hang up. Ncaa needs to be exposed in the media were everyone can see how politically corrupt it is. I'm done ha

Thigpen would be a big loss. I don't understand why he would choose to coach where the head coach is probably not going to be there in 12 months? Seems silly

Didn't LWS say Butch was going to have the rest of the staff take up some slack in recruiting so Thig didn't have o run himself ragged?

Thigpen has done less this year, but I keep reading his name mentioned by a lot of 2016 and 2017 guys.

Thigpen isn't a fool. If he goes to UNC it's either for a Defensive Coordinator position or because he wants to go home. Either way, UT can't do anything to sway him if that's what he really wants.

IMO, he stays away from that dumpster fire until it's cleaned up.

So 4 star players n now our best recruiter according to VN is jumping ship...

Now what happened between yr 2 n yr 3 of dools??? Same record to this point n some discontent of star players n coaches. Is this groundhog day or what..lol

Jk...well maybe.. Sunshine sheep don't jump off the cliff yet

Doomsdayers, don't gloat just yet.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back