Our Conference

chargervol

Coke Zero is hard to snort
By tomorrow, the "I knew they were overrated" rants will be everywhere.... Thoughts?

The rants will be well deserved after LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St lost. I attended the Ole Miss game and the offense looked terrible. TCU has a very good team, but they should not have put such a beat down on the Rebels.

I am hitting the road in the morning to head to Jacksonville where I expect the Vols to get a win.

Happy New Year to VolNation.

All I really care about is for the VOLS to curbstomp Iowa. If we do that let the chips fall where they may. That being said I will still root for CNS and his illegitimate love child CLK to beat CUM just because Urbz was a reptile and now he is at tosu.

Edit HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE EAST TN VN, 1 more hour for REST OF TENN

Reactions: 3 people
Both the Mississippi schools did a poor job representing the SEC, but LSU played a good game against Notre Dame.

The sec west was what was severely overrated. All that talk about being the best division in the history of ever is proving to be exaggerated juuuuuuuust alittle bit.

Reactions: 8 people
It's about time other conferences step up.

Ga Tech and TCU are well coached teams and look real good. Doesn't mean the ACC or Big 12 are better than the SEC

Reactions: 2 people
There are good teams in every conference. TCU should have been in the playoff.

Reactions: 8 people
The rants will be well deserved after LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St lost. I attended the Ole Miss game and the offense looked terrible. TCU has a very good team, but they should not have put such a beat down on the Rebels.

I am hitting the road in the morning to head to Jacksonville where I expect the Vols to get a win.

Happy New Year to VolNation.

Bad Bo showed up today. Wish we could've played bad Bo. I thought overall the SEC defense has been pretty atrocious in the bowls. Offensively, besides Ole Miss, the SEC has looked good but it seems like the defenses just gave up after the regular season.

It's about time other conferences step up.

Ga Tech and TCU are well coached teams and look real good. Doesn't mean the ACC or Big 12 are better than the SEC

That's fair.
We all have seen the suggestions though, that the worst from the west would still win v other conferences.

The MS schools didn't just lose, they were b**ch slapped. LSU was a completely different story.
If you bought into the hype however, It would have not been a close enough game for them to be "screwed".

I think the problem is the same problem that it has always been. Teams in the SEC beat each other up all year long. By the time an SEC gets to a bowl game or playoff game, they are mentally and physically beat up. A team and coaching staff as exhausted every resource it has to get to this point and has lost key players to injury while their opponents have played practice games with an occasional challenge mixed in and are fresh to bring everything they have to a bowl game. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again...a playoff system does nothing for the game because it doesn't address the problem. Teams of weaker conferences are not scheduling difficult opponents and because of that we don't know what they are. A playoff just means that the teams that do play respectable schedules now have to survive a tough regular season and then have to play the best fresh teams in weaker conferences. To illustrate just look at the teams that we have demolished early in the season the last few years(even under Dooley) before we get to the meat of our schedule. Until teams are forced to play a respectable strength of schedule during the regular season, we won't truly know who the best is. My two cent rant is over.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back