Really Looking Forward To The OU Game Next Year

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
I can't wait until that return trip to Knoxville. It might be one of the loudest games in recent memory since we never get to play each other and we will be on the verge of erupting as a program. This team that is playing Clemson looks pathetic. Knight looks God awful and they are letting Clemson go up and down the field on them. If that's the team they bring to Rocky Top, we may have the game wrapped up after the first quarter. Even if they play like they did when we played them we should at least win by 3 with the group we will have next year. Hopefully we make a jump like Miss St did this year. Go Vols :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah and I just hope Bob Stoops is still their coach when they get to Knoxville next year. Payback is coming.

Reactions: 2 people
I am too. I've been critical of Butch on here in recent weeks because of conservative calls and questionable decisions but did anyone on here see Stoops totally blow the Ok state game? Omg! Ok state has one of the best punt returners in the nation. With less than a minute left in the game Oklahoma had to punt from around mud field. Their first punt was pretty good and forced a fair catch at around the twelve yard line. But there was a penalty on Ok state. Instead of declining it the opted to rekick. I'm not sure what they were hoping to accomplish. Anyway the returner again catches the punt around the ten but has enough room to not fair catch. He returns it for a td as time expires! What a freaking idiot! Man we give these coaches way too much credit for being intelligent decision makers. Alot of them aren't. I remember watching that game and just being stunned. That was maybe the single dumbest decision I've ever seen a coach make. And Stoops is regarded as one of the best. Just goes to show these coaches have to wear a bunch of hats. Probably more important that their ability to make quick intelligent decisions is their ability to recruit.
Anyway after seeing Stoops totally botch that game gives me a little more faith in Butch honestly

But how can this be that they're only a decent team? Everyone on here told me they were a playoff team after they waxed us.

Reactions: 3 people
Why couldn't we have played this OU team this year?. They look bad. Really bad.

We did play this ou team..but according to vn at the time we played one of the top 3 teams in the country n this board was littered with threads about moral victories...:)

In reality they are a very average team n they played a terrible tn team.

Will we be better??

So far the bowls have showed that most 6 win teams shouldn't be in bowls especially now with 12 games.. I've watched a lot of bad football the past cpl of weeks...:crazy:

Reminds me of the ou bama game last year. Ou doesnt want to be there!

Yep . . . Complete lack of intensity out there. This isn't remotely the defense we faced in September. Reminds me of a couple of Chik-fil-A Bowl appearances we had against Maryland and Clemson.

Reactions: 9 people
Yep . . . Complete lack of intensity out there. This isn't remotely the defense we faced in September. Reminds me of a couple of Chif-fil-A Bowl appearances we had against Maryland and Clemson.

Spot on

You can't make any conclusions about how good or bad teams are based on their bowl performances except on how well the coach has gotten his team prepared for the bowl game. If these two teams play during the season the outcome could have been drastically different. So, we should be able to see how well Butch gets his teams prepared for bowl games in a few days.

No matter how bad OU plays this game doesn't change how bad our o-line was/is. If we played this OU team with the effort we put into the Vandy game for example we very well might lose the same way we did when we met them earlier this season.

The level of denial on this board is hilarious.

About what? Oklahoma obviously isn't the force we, and everybody else, thought they'd be. But this type of bowl performance isn't really indicative of how good or bad they were when we played them.

Reactions: 10 people
We lost to OU because we couldn't block them or hang on to the football. Just like most of the games we lost. They're playing like they'd rather be on a beach somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yep . . . Complete lack of intensity out there. This isn't remotely the defense we faced in September. Reminds me of a couple of Chik-fil-A Bowl appearances we had against Maryland and Clemson.

Really good analogy, especially the Maryland game.

It was clearly a team that was so disappointed with how the season - following the preseason's expectations - had turned out that they appeared to just want to get the last game over with.

Seems like that's what we're seeing tonight.

We did play this ou team..but according to vn at the time we played one of the top 3 teams in the country n this board was littered with threads about moral victories...:)

In reality they are a very average team n they played a terrible tn team.

Will we be better??

So far the bowls have showed that most 6 win teams shouldn't be in bowls especially now with 12 games.. I've watched a lot of bad football the past cpl of weeks...:crazy:

Do you have a name for the one bullet in your revolver's chamber you use to play Russian Roulette with? :dunno:

Reactions: 3 people
They should have a better qb next year. If I remember correctly they got a transfer from Texas Tech that was pretty dang good and had to sit out this year, think he was a walk-on there.

Their QB Trevor Knight has not looked the same at all ever since that scary injury at Baylor. Something was definitely off with him. His throws were really inconsistent. Can't wait to play Oklahoma next year and see what we can do! Go Vols!

Do you have a name for the one bullet in your revolver's chamber you use to play Russian Roulette with? :dunno:

What the truth hurts? not one thing I stated was wrong.. I put up with a season of reasons why we lost n how the other teams were all world..when in reality most were avg to terrible. Thank god sc were worst than us or we would be sitting at home again.

This team n staff beat no one of significance in 2014 btw.. fri they will get a chance to finally beat a 7 win div 1team. Will they?:hi:

VN Store

Back