SEC told Tennessee not to schedule Baylor?

Luckily our coaches and players are not scared even if some of the fans are...

How did this turn into fans are scared when the sec ruled against it? It sounds like a made up story anyway. Do you really think that UT would want to open 2015 with Baylor and oklahoma to start the season? If that is true, I say we fire the guy in charge of scheduling.

Baylor would have nexed that idea anyway. They are scheduled to open with smu, Lamar, open date, rice, Texas tech and mighty kansas.lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
How did this turn into fans are scared when the sec ruled against it? It sounds like a made up story anyway. Do you really think that UT would want to open 2015 with Baylor and oklahoma to start the season? If that is true, I say we fire the guy in charge of scheduling.

Dave Hart and generally, all AD's, do the scheduling.

I truly can not fathom why any SEC team would schedule more than one "big time" opponent out of Conf. ? Let the weaker Confs. B!tch all they want, that's exactly what they want ! They want the SEC to ADD to the TOUGHEST schedules in the Country !
It's like saying I would fight the toughest 6 guys in the toughest Hood, but only after I fought the toughest guy in the next Hood... Just fools on the outside looking to get a loss on the record to keep me out of the Big Fight !

Reactions: 2 people
With next years roster would have been a good game, 2016 roster would be a solid W

This is just so dumb. Our fan base is so delusional right now. Do I think we are on a great trajectory? Absolutely, and I am extremely pumped. But I would love for anyone to tell me what basis there is for a statement like this? Because we won a NC in '98? Because we are in the SEC?

Like c'mon, can we all just take a second and TRY to be honest with ourselves. Baylor has the #1 offense in the nation, arguably should have been in the CFBPlayoff, and hosed an Oklahoma team that beat our Vols relatively handily. Does anybody even remember the fact that they had RGIII, and were more relevant than us even before Bryce Petty?

Am I insane? We have pulled in some great recruiting classes and all of the sudden a Baylor team that was inches from the CFBPlayoff is an easy W in 2016? Please tell me this isn't what everyone else thinks? Surely I'm not the only one who feels this comment is absurd with no proof ON THE FIELD (as of yet).

Reactions: 18 people
This is just so dumb. Our fan base is so delusional right now. Do I think we are on a great trajectory? Absolutely, and I am extremely pumped. But I would love for anyone to tell me what basis there is for a statement like this? Because we won a NC in '98? Because we are in the SEC?

Like c'mon, can we all just take a second and TRY to be honest with ourselves. Baylor has the #1 offense in the nation, arguably should have been in the CFBPlayoff, and hosed an Oklahoma team that beat our Vols relatively handily. Does anybody even remember the fact that they had RGIII, and were more relevant than us even before Bryce Petty?

Am I insane? We have pulled in some great recruiting classes and all of the sudden a Baylor team that was inches from the CFBPlayoff is an easy W in 2016? Please tell me this isn't what everyone else thinks? Surely I'm not the only one who feels this comment is absurd with no proof ON THE FIELD (as of yet).

I am just beside myself. We are not completely sure we can beat a 7-5 Iowa B1G team, but Baylor is an easy W in 2016 LOL

Reactions: 6 people
I have a hard time buying that we considered this, seeing as how we already have Oklahoma as an OOC opponent next year.

SEC to Tennessee: Do Not Schedule Baylor - Our Daily Bears

Completely and totally false story.

First, the SEC does not approve or deny non-conference games.

Second, there is no way Tennessee would play Baylor (a top-10 team next year) in Nashville, then go to Waco in a later year.

Third, there is no place on UT's schedule to play a road non-conference game until 2020 at the earliest. We have neutral site games announced in 2016 (Bristol), 2017 (Charlotte), 2018 (Atlanta) and are close to announcing another for 2019. And it wasn't going to be Baylor.

Reactions: 11 people
The SEC wants as many bowl eligible teams as possible. So scheduling one more possible loss is not good business in someone's eyes. Bring on BGU

Reactions: 1 person

Second, there is no way Tennessee would play Baylor (a top-10 team next year) in Nashville, then go to Waco in a later year.

Third, there is no place on UT's schedule to play a road non-conference game until 2020 at the earliest. We have neutral site games announced in 2016 (Bristol), 2017 (Charlotte), 2018 (Atlanta) and are close to announcing another for 2019. And it wasn't going to be Baylor.
Ask Texas and A&M if they do. At least the SEC is tired of other conferences Using UT as their blowout SEC win. Even if some of the fans aren't.

Says the guy talking about baylors #1 offense in 2014... how is the 98' national championship relevant to anything I said? What does baylor beating Oklahoma in 2014 have anything to do with 2 years from now? who cares about RG3? Nice attempt at trying to make yourself seem like you know what you're talking about with your 13 posts. We better damn sure NEVER play UCF then since they beat beat Baylor last season....

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Any hints on where and who in 2019?

I doubt this is true. 1 SEC office can't move the mouth from Sabans genitals long enough to say anything from anyone else. 2. Tennessee now has enough sense running the football program not to schedule TWO power 5 non con games from the same conference to boot. 3. Baylor hasn't looked all that good when Petty is out. Don't think they really want to buy out of SMU. Lip service.

Agree. One thing at a time. This team is improving but we are in no shape ready for extra chances on a potential lose.

Why would Tennessee want to schedule Baylor? I can't wait to hear from the scheduling tough guys who crawl out of their caves.

I agree. The story makes zero sense. Why would we go OOC to play Oklahoma and Baylor in the same season?

I would venture to say that after CPF snubbed BU and TCU, both teams are looking to strengthen their OOC schedule. The story linked by OP is a fictional rouse. IMO

Well said

Says the guy talking about baylors #1 offense in 2014... how is the 98' national championship relevant to anything I said? What does baylor beating Oklahoma in 2014 have anything to do with 2 years from now? who cares about RG3? Nice attempt at trying to make yourself seem like you know what you're talking about with your 13 posts. We better damn sure NEVER play UCF then since they beat beat Baylor last season....

He actually spoke the truth. All of you going around acting like we can beat anyone and are already preparing to buy national championship tickets will be the same crowd calling for CBJ's head if we lose a game in 2016. I am excited about our future but we are in no spot to act like we could just go in there and beat Baylor. He is referring to the fact that times have changed and power has shifted. Baylor is an elite team right now whether you want to believe it or not. This story is a joke but if we did schedule them we would be stupid. I am looking forward to our future but some of you are just plain dumb.

VN Store

Back