Dobbs' Heisman Campaign Starts with TaxSlayer Bowl

Enki_Amenra

Wanna Bet?
Players Who Will Start 2015 Heisman Campaigns This Bowl Season | Bleacher Report

Barrett Sallee thinks Tennessee has a realistic shot at winning the SEC East and making a playoff run next season, and Dobbs is one of the biggest reasons why.

If it happens, he'll be a viable Heisman contender.

Way too early hype? Would be nice to see Dobbs perform in every game as he did in the SCar game. Whether or not he has a legitimate shot at contending for the Heisman, the attention for the program is great.

Reactions: 9 people
Waaaaaaaaay too early hype. Winning the east may be possible. With coaching/coordinator changes at Georgia, Florida, and still probably SC, there's a reason to think we have the most steady program in the east outside of Mizzou. But putting a heisman campaign together has to be the perfect storm. And that perfect storm requires a 10x better offensive line and healthy offensive weapons. Let's just sit back and enjoy the optimism around the program right now. It's been a while.

Reactions: 13 people
Waaaaaaaaay too early hype. Winning the east may be possible. With coaching/coordinator changes at Georgia, Florida, and still probably SC, there's a reason to think we have the most steady program in the east outside of Mizzou. But putting a heisman campaign together has to be the perfect storm. And that perfect storm requires a 10x better offensive line and healthy offensive weapons. Let's just sit back and enjoy the optimism around the program right now. It's been a while.

Didn't Mizzou lose their DC?

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, it's way too early. But it's great to get some positive media attentions or our players.

Baulkman had a good BBall game the other night...

Is he now projected leaving early and going in first round?

Reactions: 4 people
It would be nice for our team to be good enough next year to have everybody talking about Dobbs like that.

Come on people!!!....why is reality so elusive for some? Let's see the program get back on its feet...be consistent week end and week out...win a few games we were not supposed to...before we start labeling "anybody" Heisman material. I think Dobbs has great potential...but that's putting the cart WAY before the horse.

Reactions: 5 people
Palease!!! 8 wins would be nice! As for Dobbs the potential is thr but common the kid has played 2 good games. Honestly besides our OL I believe QB is our biggest question mark

I love the optimism.... but we are about to play in our first bowl game in four years..... one step at a time,

Go Vols!

If he was able to perform in every game as he did in the SCar game he would be a contender, and TN would likely win the east. Unfortunately, not every team has the SC defense.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether or not its too early, it's definitely nice to see.

I agree. When's the last time we had a qb talked about this much in a positive way. I've seen espn mention us several times, and the guys on the sec network are always talking good about Dobbs and the future of our young team. Makes me happy, I don't want to pump the brakes!

Reactions: 1 person
If he was able to perform in every game as he did in the SCar game he would be a contender, and TN would likely win the east. Unfortunately, not every team has the SC defense.

If he plays in every game like he did in the SCar game, we'll be in the "final 4" next season.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back