Volunteer Events in Jacksonville

bigorange

WGWTFA
We'll be in JAX Thursday-Sunday. If anyone knows of any gatherings/activities then post them here. Same goes for tailgating. And if anyone wants to set something up then let us know! (If you build it, we will come)

GBO!

We'll be in JAX Thursday-Sunday. If anyone knows of any gatherings/activities then post them here. Same goes for tailgating. And if anyone wants to set something up then let us know! (If you build it, we will come)

GBO!

I see the quiet Iowa reference you did, right there... :birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 2 people
Here are the events for the week

TaxSlayer Bowl

Good info:
Home Team Pep Rally
Date: Thursday, January 1st, 2015
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Free

College Football Playoff Watch Party
Time: 5:00 p.m.

Budweiser Tailgate Party
Date: Friday, January 2nd, 2015
Time: 11:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $10 General Admission or “The Patch”

Times – Union Touchdown Party
Time: 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $50

Reactions: 1 person
Budweiser Tailgate Party
Time: 11:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $10 General Admission or “The Patch”:

"The Patch" gets you into the tailgate party before the game instead of paying $10. They have tickets available for sale on ticketmaster, but I am ridiculously cheap so I bought some off of ebay. The patches are the same since 2012. There are others still available FYI.

BOTT info:

Office of Alumni Affairs
UT KNOXVILLE

The Vols are going bowling!

Team 118 and Coach Butch Jones are taking on the Iowa Hawkeyes at the Taxslayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida. Come out, wear your orange, and let’s celebrate together at the Big Orange Tailgate Tour!

Friday, January 2, 2015
11:00am-1:30pm

Jacksonville Expo Center at the Fairgrounds
Exhibit Hall B (2/10 of a mile from stadium)
501 Fairgrounds Place (corner of East Duval and Franklin)

A BBQ meal will be served with door prizes, trivia games, a DJ playing lots of Rocky Top, and BEAT IOWA stickers. Look for the orange and white balloons!

$25 for adults and $14 for children 12 and under. Children two and under FREE.

Park for the BOTT and walk to the game!

Click here for parking reservations
TaxSlayer Bowl

Click here for a listing of other bowl game activities
TaxSlayer Bowl

Click here to make your hotel accommodations
http://volsconnect.com/redirect.aspx?linkID=86738&eid=282784

Register for the BOTT
Vols Connect - Big Orange Tailgate Tour Bowl Game

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 5.42.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 5.42.06 PM.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

GBO!

Great job! Love the idea! I will be there Thursday to Saturday :) unless I have too much fun and crash someplace Saturday night!
:loco: :) :dance2:

Last edited:
Any Vols interested in January 1 watching the big games at Buffalo wild wings near the airport at river city marketplace? I hope to meet some of you there.
Buffalo Wild Wings

River City Marketplace, 13230 City Station Drive, Jacksonville, FL

I think we should pack it full of Vol fans January 1 for playoff games and Volnation get together. Roll call.. who's down?

Saw this in the other thread. I'm hoping to do something similar but closer to downtown/the landing. Any ideas? I don't know anything about the city except it's in Florida and I'll be there next week to watch my Vols lol.

My group of 6 will have "the patch" and will be at the budweiser tailgate party before the game! Who else is going to that?

Hopefully I get selected for the "up for whatever" campaign they are doing for bud light! You can bet I'll be drinking bud light if it means I'm up for some sweet digs on gameday. Wouldn't drink bud light any other time though. Ew. Craft beer has ruined me at this point. Can't enjoy any beer that costs less than $4 per bottle these days.

Last edited:
My group of 6 will have "the patch" and will be at the budweiser tailgate party before the game! Who else is going to that?

Hopefully I get selected for the "up for whatever" campaign they are doing for bud light! You can bet I'll be drinking bud light if it means I'm up for some sweet digs on gameday. Wouldn't drink bud light any other time though. Ew. Craft beer has ruined me at this point. Can't enjoy any beer that costs less than $4 per bottle these days.

I know the feeling.

There are several Tennessee events that you won't want to miss. The Tennessee Rally at Mavericks on the Landing on January, 1st from 11:00 am to ? Tennessee Volunteer DJ, drink specials, bowl football, Vol prizes and more. Check out the fliers.

The bar holds 1700 people and there several SEC teams on T.V. against the Big Ten. Help us fill the place. Pass the word around on social media, tweet it out, facebook. Let's get some former Vols there as well.

List here if you can come and how many in Orange.

GO VOLS!

This post was approved by Freak.

Attachments

• Tennessee flier.pdf
    483.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Join us at Mavericks on the Landing at 11:00 am for the Tennessee Rally. Watching all the SEC games. Should be a blast. See the flier. Come to this before the pep Rally - same area.

Home Team Pep Rally
Time: 3:30 p.m.

Attachments

• Tennessee flier.pdf
    483.1 KB · Views: 29
That literally was information about the bowl game.I'm not sure what i expecting but it wasn't bowl game facts. Lol.

Where is the best place to get the word out regarding the Vol events? The Hawkeyes are having a big blast on January 1st at Chicago Pizza and I would like more Vols at nearby Mavericks.

Just asking for best advice. Merry Christmas the Vol Nation.

Last edited:
Where is the best place to get the word out regarding the Vol events? The Hawkeyes are having a big blast on January 1st at Chicago Pizza and I would like more Vols at nearby Mavericks.

Just asking for best advice. Merry Christmas the Vol Nation.

No offense but the 6 posts you've posted about Mavericks was enough. Trust me, we all read it. People will go. Relax.

VN Store

Back