Annual "You should pull for the SEC, it helps Tennessee" debate

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
With bowl season coming up, I figured why not.

Reasons why you should pull for your conference:

1. You want a strong strength of schedule. Just ask the 2007 Hawaii Warriors what happens when you are undefeated in a sissy conference.

2. Recruits like Josh Malone, who are trying to decide who to pick between Tennessee and Clemson, want to play in the best conference. Hence Malone went to Tennessee.

3. To further support point #2, five of the Top Ten current recruiting classes are SEC. In 2014, seven of the Top Ten were SEC. Being in the best conference helps with recruiting.

4. To me it's a Southern pride thing. I believe the best football is played in the south, the strength of the SEC supports my argument.

There's more to my argument, but that'll do. Go SEC!!!!! Let's go undefeated this bowl season!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Just no. I was always an sec supporter but, yeah no. We recruited well before the sec became "the conference" and still do.
Sorry but encouraging Bama and helping grow the rest of the competition has shown 0 positive results.
No debate left for me at this point.
"Buck Fama!"

Reactions: 25 people
I'll pull for everyone but bama. I know they are not pulling for us. i know they didn't pull for auburn vs fsu last season. They all were fsu fans for that game. Trust me....I gotta live around those rejects.

Reactions: 12 people
Butch Jones has helped recruiting. We sucked for years (and we're still not that great) yet Bama kept pulling in top classes. I'm sick and tired of the garbage slop trying to tell me Bama being possibly one of the greatest dynasties ever helps Tennessee. Being a second class school to so many other SEC schools doesn't help us. Go Vols and whoever plays Bama/Aubie/UF/UGA/UM/State/LSU/etc...

Reactions: 4 people
I root for Tennessee and the rest of the SEC can walk off a cliff. It would be okay to me if Tennessee was the only SEC team to win their Bowl game.

Reactions: 10 people
I root for Tennessee and the rest of the SEC can walk off a cliff. It would be okay to me if Tennessee was the only SEC team to win their Bowl game.

You'd rather go 6-6 in a conference of post-season losers than post-season winners?

Explain why please.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm hoping Oregon wins it all. I don't give a damn about the rest of the SEC.

I told my wife a week ago, "I only hate 4 teams
Bama - (obvious)
Osu - (Meyer)
FSU - (Winston,Fisher)
UF -(obvious)
And 3 are in the finals!"

Hell, I almost bought a duck and dyed it green!
Yet again, Buck Fama.

Reactions: 7 people
You'd rather go 6-6 in a conference of post-season losers than post-season winners?

Explain why please.

It's going to be a while before Tennessee is good enough for the Tournament so the strength of schedule thing is a red herring. UT's tough schedule is enough so it doesn't matter at all what happens with the rest of the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
Those post-season winners and all their talent are the main reason we're 6 - 6. They're recruiting against us, not for us. The conference strength only helps up to a point, after that it's a burden.

Reactions: 8 people
Because if we weren't "the sec" we wouldn't be 6-6.

So just to be clear, in your perfect world we would be an 8 or 9 win team in the Big 10? Why not just be an undefeated team in the MAC? Or Conference USA?

Because they're not Tennessee. Are you dense?

I don't...... that's..... that's not even a reasonable answer to the question. You can just provide an answer that is not relevant to the question and follow it with "are you dense?"

It's going to be a while before Tennessee is good enough for the Tournament so the strength of schedule thing is a red herring. UT's tough schedule is enough so it doesn't matter at all what happens with the rest of the SEC.

Agreed. But how upset are we going to be when that day comes, and we get left out of the playoffs because the rest of the SEC is unranked?

Reactions: 4 people
IDGAF

I could be on my death bed.. And the Devil could come to me and say, I will give you another year of life if you will root for Alabama and/or Florida to win, And I would reply go back to hell..

Any other team I could "prefer" them to win.. But Bama and Florida would both never win another game in the length of CFB itself if I had my way. By 150 point blowouts. It would be like sending an NFL team against a group on 11 year old girl scouts who have never seen a football before in their lives.

I do not care what it does to our Strength of Schedule. Buck Fama, and Flush the gaTURDS down the toilet where they belong.

Reactions: 21 people
So just to be clear, in your perfect world we would be an 8 or 9 win team in the Big 10? Why not just be an undefeated team in the MAC? Or Conference USA?

I don't...... that's..... that's not even a reasonable answer to the question. You can just provide an answer that is not relevant to the question and follow it with "are you dense?"

Agreed. But how upset are we going to be when that day comes, and we get left out of the playoffs because the rest of the SEC is unranked?

OK, lets simplify. We have how many NCs pre - "Please notice how great our rivals are"...and how many after?
Bowl games? etc....
Not going to debate. This all started as of recent.
Of course our own faults were a major factor, but now give me an honest example of how pulling for UF or UA has helped.

VN Store

Back