Jalen's Mom has a Message Regarding his Underage Consumption

govols105

10848022_10203396174609300_6660094234619450406_n.jpg

Reactions: 205 people
These reporters are very much in need of a real job! What should be done is the public start investigations of each reporters personal life and placing it on public media and discredit these donkeys

Reactions: 25 people
What is more disturning then what the newspaper is doing with the story..is how the police handled the situation. It is amazing to me how the police have the right to cite you for anything that happens in the privacy of your own domicile that is not causing another person harm.

The idea of liberty in this country is slowly getting pissed away, and we the American people are letting it happen without so much as a word in rebuttle. All because we want the government to make us feel safe instead of taking responsibility for the safety of our own families like men. JMHO

Reactions: 72 people
The moral of this story is....Don't loan your car to anyone. That's how all this got started. Then the police have no reason to visit you at home looking for the owner. Unfortunately if you open your door and in plain site there are illegal things going on .....your just caught. My problem with all arrests athletes or no is these guys seem to forget how out is to be young. Most of them hold these kids to standard's that they themselves didn't live by. Just saying

Reactions: 7 people
The moral of this story is....Don't loan your car to anyone. That's how all this got started. Then the police have no reason to visit you at home looking for the owner. Unfortunately if you open your door and in plain site there are illegal things going on .....your just caught. My problem with all arrests athletes or no is these guys seem to forget how out is to be young. Most of them hold these kids to standard's that they themselves didn't live by. Just saying

Do you realize how many kids are on college campuses without cars? Jalen was simply being a good friend, did nothing wrong exept pop a cold one in the privacy of his own dorm/apartment.

Reactions: 8 people
Got to remember to hide everything before opening that door.
Lesson learned.

The other lesson is to not open your door. They can't come in your apartment/dorm room/hotel room/house without a warrant unless they can prove that someone's life is in immediate danger.

Reactions: 4 people
The other lesson is to not open your door. They can't come in your apartment/dorm room/hotel room/house without a warrant unless they can prove that someone's life is in immediate danger.

True but simply hiding the booze and opening the door would be better than the drama that would follow if he refused to let them in, imo.
Can you imagine the attention and headlines?
Of course he could have played it off like no one was home. Lol

What is more disturning then what the newspaper is doing with the story..is how the police handled the situation. It is amazing to me how the police have the right to cite you for anything that happens in the privacy of your own domicile that is not causing another person harm.

The idea of liberty in this country is slowly getting pissed away, and we the American people are letting it happen without so much as a word in rebuttle. All because we want the government to make us feel safe instead of taking responsibility for the safety of our own families like men. JMHO

Keep in mind that it is a dry campus and he was underage. I do not think it is outrageous that he was cited.

Do the police in Knoxville target UT players?

All jokes aside, I've wondered this over the years myself. It seems like it's a "trophy" for them to catch them. No more than this was, it should've never made a newspaper. I'd bet a years salary that he wasn't the only person caught drinking underage in Knoxville, TN on that particular day.

Reactions: 3 people
She doesn't owe anyone an explanation. A 19 year old having a beer is a non event. Thus is typical media irresponsibility. If this wasn't a UT player and was just a normal college student, do they report?
No.
So this was done for sensationalism.

Reactions: 9 people

Yes. I have seen it first hand on the Strip. Years ago. It's like they catch wind the UT players are somewhere and then they come hang around the establishment the players are.

This is true. I've seen it. I've seen them start **** with players. Knowing they've been in a bar drinking or partying.

It's crazy.

Reactions: 3 people

Also, in every other SEC town it's basically a criminal organization between the school and the local authorities. They protect their own kind of like Penn State. Look at all the **** that happens at other schools and so much gets swept under the rug that we never hear about.

I'm not suggesting that the KPD let UT players run wild and do what ever they want. But, leave people the hell alone. They LOOK for reasons to harass players. It's situation after situation with them.

Reactions: 1 person
Ahh, memories. I can distinctly remember the cops knocking on doors in our hallway at Hess on multiple occasions. The only only lesson Jalen needs to learn is to know who is on the other side of that door before opening it. Gotta hide those beers.

Jalen's a good kid and kudos to his Mother for sticking up for her son. The underage consumption law is a stupid one that was initiated by M.A.D.D. in order to curb DUI's among teenagers and young adults. While I think drinking age laws were well intentioned, I think it is entirely the wrong approach. We are the ONLY non-theocratic nation on the planet that has such restrictive laws regarding alcohol consumption, yet we have some of the most permissive laws in the world on allowing teenagers to drive a vehicle. In my view a better approach would be to restrict driving rather than drinking.

Move the drinking age down to 18, but make it so that there are much fewer teenagers on the road driving by themselves putting themselves and others unnecessarily at risk. You should be allowed to obtain a learner's permit at age sixteen so that your parents or caregivers can teach you how to drive. However, as a general rule you shouldn't be allowed to drive on your own until you reach 18 years of age absent some compelling circumstances that may justify the granting of a hardship license that allows you to drive to and from work or to and from a school where no transportation is offered by the school. (i.e. a 17 year old who is commuting to a local community college). Even at age eighteen, obtaining a license should be a more rigorous endeavor that is more akin to obtaining a pilot's license than the current process. (i.e. you should have to keep a log documenting that you have driven a certain number of hours with a licensed driver serving as your instructor, the driving portion of the exam should be lengthier and more involved ect. ect.) Additionally, when you obtain your license, you should have a probationary period (perhaps a year or two) where your license can be more easily suspended for violations of the rules of the road with a zero tolerance for consuming any alcohol and driving a vehicle during such a probationary period.

Finally with regard to alcohol consumption, rather than a prohibition that comes along with the unrealistic expectation that all teenagers and young adults are going to complete abstain from any drinking whatsoever, there should be more eduction concerning alcohol including the dangers that come along with alcohol consumption, especially binge drinking, which in my view is the real problem. Additionally, bar tenders and party hosts who over serve patrons or guests to the point of alcohol poisoning should be subject to criminal prosecution. To me, such laws would make more sense then putting out a blanket prohibition on the underage consumption of alcohol, which is never going to be adhered to.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back