Tennessee season review and outlook (ESPN)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pretty good review.

Derek Barnett was POY. Best win SC. Worst loss UF. Breakout POYs Barnett and Hurd. Play of the year was the 4th and 6 conversion against SC.

2015 outlook: It’s hard not to get excited about this team in 2015. Tennessee played 23 true freshmen this season, more than any other FBS team. The Volunteers return all but one starter on offense, and potentially eight starters on the defense. They also have another top 10 recruiting class coming in next year, with nine ESPN 300 recruits already committed. With the SEC East down, it’s not out of the question to say that Tennessee could make a run at the division and possibly reach Atlanta for the conference championship game. The schedule won’t be easy with road trips to Florida, Alabama and Missouri, but this team is tested. This season, they won at South Carolina, at Vanderbilt and nearly upset Georgia on the road. The Vols are on their way back to the top. Next year might be the year.
Tennessee season review - SEC Blog - ESPN

Reactions: 26 people
Why potentially 8 on d? I'm assuming because of Maggit just don't know if maybe I'm missing something.

The bowl game,the recruiting celebration,the orange and white game and then a
long dry spell,glad I've got all the games recorded.Next year we'll be the auburn
of last year.

I agree that the future looks bright. Let's be sure and temper our feelings with reality. It's still quite a grind in the SEC and all the new kids coming in is going to be a challenge to Butch and staff. Remember they all have to come together as a team. Should be very interesting to see. We are living in a time of Volunteer revival.
Quoting two great philosophers of our time: Dadgummit, Deja Vu all over again. :)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back