Who will start at RB next year?

white65

I think Kamara could get it done.

But I think they'll most likely share 80% of the important carries, 10% will go to the Dobbs, and the remaining 10% will be to a third RB and WRs on jet sweeps, and bubble screens.

Last edited:
I said that Hurd Hurd Hurd Jalen Hurd is the word. Common sense must be lacking for some posters the closer the end of the year is.

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd will start.

Hurd only got better as the season went on. His pass blocking was impressive for a freshman, and it also got better. He is becoming a complete back. It'll be hard to keep him off the field.

That said, if Kamara is as good as advertised, he'll get plenty of significant minutes. The double bonus is that it will help keep both Hurd and Dobbs healthy by taking some of that load.

In short, it's Hurd's job to lose, and I expect him to keep it. They will use Kamara frequently, and they could put them both out there at the same time.

Reactions: 5 people
I think it will be K McKenzie, after all he is a 5star and Hurd and Kamara are 4 stars. Unless Malone (5star) moves to rb and Hurd moves to Wr due to his being too tall

Hurd of course. Kamara will see early playing time. He is older than Jalen and comes in ready physically. Next year we should see more two back sets utilized as the two headed beast of Hurd and Kamara take the bulk of the carries. However it remains to be seen if we add another back like Love or the Kelly kid out in Michigan or someone else. Abernathy has great vision so they could plug him at RB to see what he looks like. Another guy that could make an impact if he gets reinstated is Treyvon Paulk. Could really use him back to amp up the competition level.

If Kamara can beat out Hurd, go ahead and put him on the short list for the Doak Walker right now

He's going to challenge Hurd for reps for the day he steps on campus. His vision on the field is on another level. Really think he's an instant impact guy.

I think it will be Hurd unless he suffers from the "sophomore slump" which many (not all) RBs do. Kamara will probably be playing for a contract since he can leave after 1 year. So...if Hurd struggles and Kamara plays to contract level....by mid season it may be Kamara.

If Kamara plays as described and Hurd continues to improve, we will be a very good offensive football team.

I think it will be K McKenzie, after all he is a 5star and Hurd and Kamara are 4 stars. Unless Malone (5star) moves to rb and Hurd moves to Wr due to his being too tall

I say Butch starts. That'll throw everybody off.

Honestly, we have no idea if Kamara will even be able to block well enough to get valuable playing time. Lack of Blocking is generally what prevents backs from seeing the field more often. Hurd actually turned out to be a good blocker.

VN Store

Back