The perfect storm?

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
Hard to not see a big orange sun popping through the clouds hanging over many of our rivals.

UF - new coach, staff still unknown & currently ranked 88th on rivals heading into dead period

USC - aside from Butch already being 2-0 there is uncertainty with Spurrier's tenure & they did not land Muschamp as DC/HCIW and have since had several decommitments.

Cornelius (N.C.) Hough's Mark Fields, a 5-foot-10, 186-pounder decommitted and became the sixth of the variety for USC from the 2015 class. Davon Durant, Austin Clark, Jaire Alexander, Paris Palmer and Jozie Milton were the previous players to flip commitments in the class.

- Rivals

Missouri - lost their DC of nearly 2 decades to a lower paying HC position. Defense as we all know is their bread and butter.

KY - new offensive coordinator

UGA - now draws Auburn with a Muschamp defense annually and Richt always gonna Richt. Plus Gurley is gone.

Vandy - Mason is the equivalent of yellow cake uranium.

I've often wondered what even a mediocre but stable coaching situation at UT could have managed in all the East turmoil and it sure looks like we will get that and more next year.

I think UF and USCjr are going to be in trouble for the next couple of years. UGA will be our biggest competition in the east. I would be interested to see how many these teams are losing this year to pros and graduation. 2015 could be a very good season for us.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to not see a big orange sun popping through the clouds hanging over many of our rivals.

UF - new coach, staff still unknown & currently ranked 88th on rivals heading into dead period

USC - aside from Butch already being 2-0 there is uncertainty with Spurrier's tenure & they did not land Muschamp as DC/HCIW and have since had several decommitments.

Missouri - lost their DC of nearly 2 decades to a lower paying HC position. Defense as we all know is their bread and butter.

UGA - now draws Auburn with a Muschamp defense annually and Richt always gonna Richt. Plus Gurley is gone.

Gurley is great but UGA pumps out RBs like Evander Holyfield, Travis Henry and Shawn Kemp.....

Reactions: 4 people
I think UF and USCjr are going to be in trouble for the next couple of years. UGA will be our biggest competition in the east. I would be interested to see how many these teams are losing this year to pros and graduation. 2015 could be a very good season for us.

I wouldn't ever overlook Mizzou.

Reactions: 6 people
Some are calling for '16 to be the year, but I don't see why '15 can't be special. We return pretty much everybody.

We now have a franchise QB, RB, a shutdown corner and what will arguably be the greatest dline in college football. Given the adversities our east opponents will be contending with we should capitolize big.

SolarHat-UV-Protection-Visor-cpM.jpg Just found this in the attack -- got my Orange one somewhere around here...

Reactions: 1 person
If we can just freakin stay healthy (green jerseys for everyone at all practices once the season starts, especially WRs!) and have a few Freshman come in and step up like Barnett did this season (P Williams, K Mac, Tuttle, and a O lineman), we will certainly be pushing to take control of our division.... we have the horses now.

If we can just freakin stay healthy (green jerseys for everyone at all practices once the season starts, especially WRs!) and have a few Freshman come in and step up like Barnett did this season (P Williams, K Mac, Tuttle, and a O lineman), we will certainly be pushing to take control of our division.... we have the horses now.

KMAC

I'm sorry, was I shouting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Florida is an automatic loss. Sorry, but it's true. We could run the table in the SEC but we will still find a way to lose to the Gators.

Reactions: 2 people
If Butch is the coach many of us think he is then things are lining up for us nicely. Will we win big? No one knows for certain. Are there still hurdles like our oline and the mental barrier of UF, sure. Point is though the east will be ripe for the taking and for once UT appears to be the team on stable ground. I for one am excited.

Last edited:
Florida is an automatic loss. Sorry, but it's true. We could run the table in the SEC but we will still find a way to lose to the Gators.

Until we actually beat them I won't believe we can win. It'll happen eventually though.

I've often wondered what even a mediocre but stable coaching situation at UT could have managed in all the East turmoil and it sure looks like we will get that and more next year.

Folks on here frequently say Fulmer benefitted from a weak SEC and wasn't actually a great coach. I suspect if he'd never been let go, we'd be averaging atleast 7-8 wins just due to the weak SECe

VN Store

Back