Sucks to see this as a headline

Wait...so we're getting rid of true freshmen to bring in more true freshmen? Getting rid of experienced guys to bring in inexperienced guys? I thought youth was our whole exc...I mean...problem.

Reactions: 8 people
It happens in EVERY successful college program. The article even hints at that.

You can look at it negatively from a moral standpoint, but you can also look at it as helping the players...if the coach knows that you are not going to play, EVER, why not let them know that looking around might be a better option? The player being recruited over would at least have a chance to go somewhere that he could play, get better and hopefully prove Jones wrong and be successful.

Who knows, I can see both sides.

Reactions: 4 people
nice to have a coach mentioned in the same sentence as Saban, Miles, etc.

My only issue is it happens everywhere. Why make this a headline story? Not to mention we don't even know if that is the case with Hendrix and Helm. I could see Scott being told he might not see much playing time.

Guess he missed the part where UT tried to persuade Hendrix and Helm to stay? Or maybe that fact negated his narrative, whereas making things up guaranteed clicks.

Reactions: 5 people
That article is a pile of ****. Everybody is trying to pass off editorial columns as news journalism online these days.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't care, if they choose to leave its on them. If they get recruited over then that's life. I would only have a problem if Tennessee tried to pull the scholly of a player that got injured on the field and couldn't play anymore. If your in good health and choose not to put in the work then, bye!

Reactions: 2 people
So John Pennington is assuming CBJ ran all these players off with not a single fact to support his claim.

Reactions: 5 people
When we have guys transferring because our roster is becoming too competitive, we are on the right path.

Not really. This is sucking the depth out of our program just like it did with Kiffin and Dooley. You can never get that year of experience back.

Should change it from mr sec to MR Douche Canoe!

CBJ caused this by inviting players to his home and making them subsequently homesick.

CBJ caused this because once he decided he didn't want Henderson on the team and leaked the story to the NCAA clearinghouse.

CBJ caused this because he told Helm to get used to playing a lot in games if you stay here.

He even set up AJ and Williams!

From what I read per X of Tony Basilio, Helm had conservative religious upbringing and was not comfortable with some of the words used to coach him up. Might be some truth to that. Who's to know!!!

Players play the schools and the schools play the players. That's the way it is in big time college athletics. I'm cool with it as long as the players are free to play right away at other schools. Then it becomes their choice as to riding the bench at UT or starting immediately somewhere else.

The debate over this being on the players or the staff should be easily solved.
CBJ brought his guys from Cincy. Is there a history of this being an issue or is this more isolated.
If I cared more, I would check. Oh well.

All you have to do is look at the Author, Pennington is a Butt Hurt POS that would not know the truth if it slapped him in the face.

Any idiot knows you don't ask your depth to leave, unless they are as worthless as Pennington.

VN Store

Back