Since the Home team, will the band form the T?

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Was wondering since we are the home team..Will the band be able to do the normal pre-game home routine and have the players run through the T?...Does anyone remember when and if this was done in the past?..Didn't they do it for the Miami Sugar Bowl game years ago?

Was wondering since we are the home team..Will the band be able to do the normal pre-game home routine and have the players run through the T?...Does anyone remember when and if this was done in the past?..Didn't they do it for the Miami Sugar Bowl game years ago?

It'll be a shortened pregame. It'll either be from the very beginning through the Power T and take the T off the field (Outback Bowl 2007), or it'll be even shorter and go from Rocky Top through the Power T and then off the field (SEC Championship 2007) Depends on the schedule.

I can honestly say that I remember alot about that Sugar Bowl game but I cannot remember if made the T or not.

I would say that we would not. Pregame is a set chart with the T being made in a specific location. Not sure if the band would want to not only learn the bowl show but also learn a new routine in pregame. Could happen though so I'll stand corrected if it does.

edit: whobe would be correct. You wouldnt have both UT and Iowa bands performing their full pregame show. That's a long, long time for pregame.

I can honestly say that I remember alot about that Sugar Bowl game but I cannot remember if made the T or not.

I would say that we would not. Pregame is a set chart with the T being made in a specific location. Not sure if the band would want to not only learn the bowl show but also learn a new routine in pregame. Could happen though so I'll stand corrected if it does.

edit: whobe would be correct. You wouldnt have both UT and Iowa bands performing their full pregame show. That's a long, long time for pregame.

Nah we learned a shortened pregame for the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Started with the Power T

Lol, if you can remember a lot about the Sugar Bowl game then you were doing the Sugar Bowl experience wrong! :toast:

Reactions: 1 person
Not likely due to a couple of factors:
1. Bowl games usually have lengthy, lame pregame shows (halftime, too) fraught with horrid music, gaggles of little cheerleaders, etc. This pretty much limits the marching bands.
2. The current interim director of the P.O.T.S. isn't very innovative nor proactive in such things.
Sad but true.
:cray:

Reactions: 2 people
Aren't those "ride a girl instead of a cowboy" or whatever guys gonna be the halftime show?

When UT played ND in 1990 their band performed their pregame show prior to the POTS. I'm not sure if it was the full show, or not. It was pretty cool as I've never heard Neyland that loud for a pregame after ND's band exited.

when you're marching in the POTSB being f___ up wasnt the smartest thing to do with Dr Julian at the helm

Was just messin with you. Good for you being in the band, I have no musical ability whatsoever so that was never an option. Had some friends in the band from 91-95 though.

when you're marching in the POTSB being f___ up wasnt the smartest thing to do with Dr Julian at the helm

Being drunk during the games was just asking for trouble anyway. I remember the smell of people sweating out Jack Daniels from the night before, in The Swamp. Made me want to puke

I hope we do get to do that.

It would be great for our Seniors to get to run through the T 1 last time especially at a bowl game.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Was just messin with you. Good for you being in the band, I have no musical ability whatsoever so that was never an option. Had some friends in the band from 91-95 though.

didnt take it that way so no harm. I tried marching under the herbal influence. Once. Paranoia is hell when youre in front of 90,000+ people. All you do is think "dont f up, dont f up. Is it time to turn? no, you idiot. oh geesh this sucks"

Reactions: 2 people
didnt take it that way so no harm. I tried marching under the herbal influence. Once. Paranoia is hell when youre in front of 90,000+ people. All you do is think "dont f up, dont f up. Is it time to turn? no, you idiot. oh geesh this sucks"

Should have gone to Stanford.

I think it would be cool if we would chant "3rd down for what" on third downs and really make it feel like a home game.

... half of us screaming "3rd down" followed by the other half screaming "for what".

VN Store

Back