Crowd Support at TaxSlayer Bowl almost certainly will favor Tennessee

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
Crowd support almost certainly will be among the factors that will favor Tennessee in the upcoming bowl game. The University of Iowa is expecting to sell "roughly half of its allotment of football tickets for the Jan. 2 TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla. Pam Finke, the university's director of athletic ticket operations, said Monday afternoon that the school [will ultimately sell] between 3,500 and 4,000. 'We're still getting some calls and taking some orders [but it's] slowing down' . . . . Bowl-ticket demand is sharply down from a year ago among Hawkeye fans. Finke said Iowa sold 10,800 tickets for last year's Outback Bowl."

By contrast, Tennessee sold "out its allotment of 8,000 tickets in the middle of last week. . . . The Tennessee ticket office has been directing its fans to the TaxSlayer.com website or to the secondary market for seats. At Stubhub.com, a block of upper-level, midfield seats were priced at $60.75 as of Monday afternoon." See Plenty of tickets remain through UI for TaxSlayer Bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
Be honest with yourselves. The big reason that our beloved Vols are playing in a January bowl in Florida is because Hart used his relationships from his FSU days to convince the "Gator" Bowl people that UT fans were hungry for a bowl and would put butts in seats. Someday, it will again pay off when there is a close decision for a prime bowl and UT is on the list of possibilities.

Last edited:
I would expect plenty of cheap and good tickets in the street for this game. I need to take another look at my calendar. :D

Be honest with yourselves. The big reason that our beloved Vols are playing in a January bowl in Florida is because Cheek used his relationships from his FSU days to convince the "Gator" Bowl people that UT fans were hungry for a bowl and would put butts in seats. Someday, it will again pay off when there is a close decision for a prime bowl and UT is on the list of possibilities.

...?

Be honest with yourselves. The big reason that our beloved Vols are playing in a January bowl in Florida is because Cheek used his relationships from his FSU days to convince the "Gator" Bowl people that UT fans were hungry for a bowl and would put butts in seats. Someday, it will again pay off when there is a close decision for a prime bowl and UT is on the list of possibilities.

Cheek is that u. The real reason is that Texas am refused to play Texas so that push everything around..

Be honest with yourselves. The big reason that our beloved Vols are playing in a January bowl in Florida is because Hart used his relationships from his FSU days to convince the "Gator" Bowl people that UT fans were hungry for a bowl and would put butts in seats. Someday, it will again pay off when there is a close decision for a prime bowl and UT is on the list of possibilities.

Nice conspiracy theory. All you have to do is look at the history of Tennessee in bowl games and everybody knows we travel well. Hart didn't have to "convince" the gator bowl committee that we would travel well. Smh.

Reactions: 2 people
No question that there will be more Vol fans there, but after going to several bowl games over the years, you're going to see Iowa fans buying tickets on the secsecondary market rather than going through the university because the seats are so much better and often can be purchased for less money.

I'd say the Vol fans outnumber the Hawkeye fans 2:1. It's been a very disappointing year for us. Kinnick wasn't even full for bigger games toward the end of the season and it hasn't been that bad in 15 years.

People are tired of the boring product on the field not winning.. The Iowa program is at a crossroads of sorts

Nice conspiracy theory. All you have to do is look at the history of Tennessee in bowl games and everybody knows we travel well. Hart didn't have to "convince" the gator bowl committee that we would travel well. Smh.

It openly talked about last week on Sports Talk radio in Knoxville that Hart had a lot to do with this. Prior to bowls being announced it was about 40% Liberty, 40% MCB, and 20% Gator. It wasn't a huge push but Hart did his job, plus it wasn't that hard of a sell.

UGA and UF had already played in Jax this season with UGA playing in the Gator last season. Would UGA fans travel to Jax again? UF was in a mess with their coaching situation, so that left UT or LSU.

Yep. And it happens every year for other teams too. Thanks Hart and way to go Vols fans for helping our bowl selection. I also think that most around the country (especially outside of Knoxville) see the Vols as one of the hottest teams who are playing better than a 6-6 record suggests.

Yep. And it happens every year for other teams too. Thanks Hart and way to go Vols fans for helping our bowl selection. I also think that most around the country (especially outside of Knoxville) see the Vols as one of the hottest teams who are playing better than a 6-6 record suggests.

Exactly. Hart was simply doing his job and the UT fans responded. There's nothing conspiratory about it.

It was an easy sell for Hart. Of the available teams, who was happy/eager to be in a bowl? South Carolina's season was a disappointment, UF is a mess, UGA (meh)....then you have UT. It was a no brainer.

Such a conspiracy theory that it's been reported as true in several different news articles.

Be honest with yourself, Hart is more or less responsible for FL going to the "Driveby 48 Hours" Bowl in Birmingham!

Dwell on the positive my friend!

I'll be here in the comfort of my home supporting the team. Hoping o
it will be a blowout so I can stuff it in the LSU fan's faces down here. The lost to Iowa last bowl game

Dave Hart = illuminati!

VN Store

Back