CFN ranks Tennessee 60th in 2014 reg season final rankings

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
Scout.com: CFN 2014 Season Rankings - No. 51 to 60

What surprises me about this ranking is that they had UT ranked between 25 and 35 for the majority of the season.

60. Tennessee 6-6
2014 CFN Season Score: 8.69 2014 CFN Preseason Prediction: 6-6
Key Note: The Volunteers took that step forward with a young, athletic team that got bowl eligible with wins in three of the last four games highlighted by an overtime victory over South Carolina. The two Quality Wins came right away beating Utah State and Arkansas State, but the team fought well in three close losses to Florida, Georgia and Missouri.

I think it's a sham that the Vols are ranked below USCe in this poll. CFN is usually pretty good for info but I think they dropped the ball on this.

Pretty clear case of the author just looking at our final W/L record. No way UT was the 60th best team in the nation. I'd put us somewhere in the low 30s, right around where the Sagarin/ESPN FPI ratings had us all year long.

Reactions: 1 person
Scout.com: CFN 2014 Season Rankings - No. 51 to 60

What surprises me about this ranking is that they had UT ranked between 25 and 35 for the majority of the season.

60. Tennessee 6-6
2014 CFN Season Score: 8.69 2014 CFN Preseason Prediction: 6-6
Key Note: The Volunteers took that step forward with a young, athletic team that got bowl eligible with wins in three of the last four games highlighted by an overtime victory over South Carolina. The two Quality Wins came right away beating Utah State and Arkansas State, but the team fought well in three close losses to Florida, Georgia and Missouri.

I think it's a sham that the Vols are ranked below USCe in this poll. CFN is usually pretty good for info but I think they dropped the ball on this.

South Carolina beat UGA and UF, UT did not.

Reactions: 4 people
Moved up 23 spots from last year, why not give out a raise.

Funny thing about these "rankings", once you start to look at the list, we could beat most of the ones ahead of us...:hmm:

NCAA re-rank: Our final 2013 list from 1-125

Based on what? We beat 2 teams all year with a winning record-Utah State and Arkansas State-both at home. Why do people think we are a top 25 team?

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee beat Kentucky. South Carolina did not. Then...there's that head-to-head thing.

I get that, but still they beat UGA and UF and Tennessee did not. In comparing the 2 schedules outside the head to head, South Carolinas wins are more impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We're better than 60!!! I think low 30s sounds about right. We are not very good--but we also play in a brutally tough conference.

I really don't think this kind of ranking means much at all, especially outside of the top 30 or so teams.

VN Store

Back