How FBS college football teams fared against expectations

92volalum

Thought this was interesting of performance of all the schools vs. preseason vegas etc. expectations..

How all 128 FBS college football teams fared against expectations - SBNation.com

Tennessee only finished 0.5 games better than expectations.....

I had us at 6 wins worst case if Jones was an avg coach and 8-9 if he was the man!! I thought SC, Mizz and fla were the games we could win during preseason :rock:

Thoughts?

Last edited:
4 or 5 wins was a real possibility this year. 6 wins was the goal and the team did an excellent job reaching that goal. 7-8 wins would have been well above any expectations (but still a possibility - UF, UGA).

Reactions: 4 people
Pretty accurate for UT. Don't think anyone really expected less than 5 and more than 7. 6 is probably spot on for what should have been expected in Jones' second year.

UK was +1. Winning 5 and predicted 4. About right too. Thought we'd be lucky to get 5, wasn't sure if we'd pull any upsets, but managed to scrape by against USCjr.

Next year will be interesting. Fans needs to be careful to expect to much from both schools. UT will probably be 7-9 and UK 6 or 7 imo.

Reactions: 4 people
Thought this was interesting of performance of all the schools vs. preseason vegas etc. expectations..

How all 128 FBS college football teams fared against expectations - SBNation.com

Tennessee only finished 0.5 games better than expectations.....

I had us at 6 wins worst case if Jones was an avg coach and 8-9 if he was the man!! I thought SC, Mizz and fla were the games we could win during preseason :rock:

Thoughts?

We haven't beaten UF in 10 years. Mizzou went to Atlanta for the second year in a row.Those are the teams you beat when youre "over the hump." We weren't there yet this year. It is what it is. We achieved our goal of 6 wins. Thats what matters.

Of course, it is important to remember that expectations for this year weren't based solely on personnel, but largely based on what the coaches did with the team last year. With such a poor finish to last year, losing to Vanderbilt at home, expert expectations would certainly be down.

We haven't beaten UF in 10 years. Mizzou went to Atlanta for the second year in a row.Those are the teams you beat when youre "over the hump." We weren't there yet this year. It is what it is. We achieved our goal of 6 wins. Thats what matters.

Well fla was terrible the last two years so it wasn't a stretch to think the streak could have ended this year for sure and at home.
On Mizz I will always think we should beat them because they are mizz and we are tn...:) The east is down and they took advantage of being an average team in a very weak conf. but starting next year no excuse to lose to them. IMO

I predicted 7-5 so we fell a bit short (Florida game!) we should have won it but probably should have lost to USCjr, esp looking at that game with 2 minutes to go!! 😊
I think we beat Iowa & stop this losing season streak! I said after we lost to Mizzou that that should be the last time we lose to them for a long time! Ga & Fla need to be on notice! We be back!

With the amount of turnover in personnel, I think getting to 6 wins and a bowl game was about right. Could we have won 7?? Of course we could have, the florida game should have been a win. I expect us to always get at least 10 wins and play for an sec championship every year but you gotta let this young team develop and evolve.

Now next year we better get at least 8-9 wins, no excuses.

GO VOLS!!

We could gave easily won UF if we had played Dobbs or modified the O for Worley. When given time Worley was fine (see UGA). The fact they let him stand there and get hammerd was frustrating.

Had Worley not gotten hurt, it would have been a 4 win season.

Expected a horrible year, and was given that for the most part. Beating Spurrier for the 2nd year in a row was about the only high point. Losing by less points is still losing. Having low expectations does not help with the frustration factor...it just doesn't.

I think we beat Iowa and finally have a winning season. Next year, it is time for Coaches to earn their pay.

Reactions: 1 person
I expected Tennessee would be 7-5 so they finished below my expectations

And you know more than the guys in Vegas so I guess we underachieved. I like how people pull a random number out of their arse and then waive it around as the benchmark.

I was expecting the CFB playoff championship trophy in year 2 even with a brand new starting 5 on both lines. I'm a tad disappointed.

VN Store

Back