Helm Gone?

For goodness sakes people. Can we at least provide some sort of Tweet or news article or something?

This "heard it" BS is getting old. Provide some sort of proof or don't post.

Reactions: 24 people
Several reports (none I'd consider mainstream media) that he cleaned out his locker. Rumors of him being brought up in a sheltered environment and not digging the college scene, coaches cursing all the time-- again, no idea if this is accurate.

Now this part is just me talking--nothing but a wild guess-- may be some homesickness and you'll see a transfer to a small school close to home.

Hopefully he'll stick it out. Kid has talent.

For goodness sakes people. Can we at least provide some sort of Tweet or news article or something?

This "heard it" BS is getting old. Provide some sort of proof or don't post.

He was just asking. It's a fair question. Probably a better way to word it is to ask if this has been confirmed; and if it has...provide a link.

Like to see him stay, but Butch alluded to some possible changes coming up and this sort of thing is pretty normal at this time of year. Have to just hope for the best for the young man who is departing and view it as a chance for us to fill his spot with an even more talented player.

Reactions: 1 person
Several reports (none I'd consider mainstream media) that he cleaned out his locker. Rumors of him being brought up in a sheltered environment and not digging the college scene, coaches cursing all the time-- again, no idea if this is accurate.

Now this part is just me talking--nothing but a wild guess-- may be some homesickness and you'll see a transfer to a small school close to home.

Wow, this (if true) would be really gross. You're a grown ass adult, if you can't handle a college campus and some stupid words, then you're going to have a very difficult life.

Reactions: 8 people
He was just asking. It's a fair question. Probably a better way to word it is to ask if this has been confirmed; and if it has...provide a link.

It is a fair question but there is no problem with asking for confirmation like this:

Hey guys, I saw this on the Neyland News FB page:

"From what I'm hearing Fr TE Daniel Helm has packed his stuff and plans to transfer. Apparently the college lifestyle is a bit too much for him and he's had trouble adjusting as the semester progressed. The language coaches use in practice apparently don't jive well with his strict Christian upbringing. I commend him for standing by his values, but I also think he's going to encounter this problem at any major D-1 institution. Anyone who played football growing up understand this."

https://www.facebook.com/NeylandNews

And was wondering if anyone else had heard the same?

Versus the

Is Helm really gone?

Give a freaking link to talk about in the OP. This word of mouth stuff gets old.

Reactions: 5 people

Rumors about how he is a wimp got started on in the VN recruiting thread between some public school advocates and others. I don't know if any of it is true, but just have to wait and see.

Wow, this (if true) would be really gross. You're a grown ass adult, if you can't handle a college campus and some stupid words, then you're going to have a very difficult life.

Lot of kids get home sick at college. Something like 50% of kids graduate from the college. I almost quit and went home. I was young HS grad and was 17 for the first 6 weeks or so of college. I'd never really been anywhere. Plus I didn't have the equalivent of a full time job on top of that.

At orientation, they told us that only half of us would graduate and that a third of us would transfer.

Last edited:
Neyland News on FB constitutes proof?

Lol. The info may prove to be true but that information was taken straight from a poster on the recruiting board and put up, it's not a very reliable source.

Reactions: 1 person
Neyland News on FB constitutes proof?

Lol. The info may prove to be true but that information was taken straight from a poster on the recruiting board and put up, it's not a very reliable source.

I don't think anybody said proof. Type his ne into google or Twitter. Lot of stuff comes up

http://www.local8now.com/sports/headlines/Trio-of-Vols-contemplating-transfer-285690441.html?device=phone&c=y

Last edited:
Lot of kids get home sick at college. Something like 50% of kids graduate from the college. I almost quit and went home. I was young HS grad and was 17 for the first 6 weeks or so of college. I'd never really been anywhere. Plus I didn't have the equalivent of a full time job on top of that.

At orientation, they told us that only half of us would graduate and that a third of us would transfer.

Yeah, but that isn't at all related to my post. Being homesick, or failing out, are not equivalent to quitting because the coach uses "naughty words". Again, I don't know that this is true. But, if the post that I was responding to is accurate, then it is an absolutely pathetic reason to drop out.

Again, there are good reasons. Being homesick, not liking academia, not wanting to be busy 80 hours a week, deciding you don't like football, etc. But the reason the poster I was replying to gave was a bit different.

Yeah, but that isn't at all related to my post. Being homesick, or failing out, are not equivalent to quitting because the coach uses "naughty words". Again, I don't know that this is true. But, if the post that I was responding to is accurate, then it is an absolutely pathetic reason to drop out.

Again, there are good reasons. Being homesick, not liking academia, not wanting to be busy 80 hours a week, deciding you don't like football, etc. But the reason the poster I was replying to gave was a bit different.

Not a pathetic reason at all. Some people have different beliefs. Staying and being miserable because of social pressures would be much more pathetic. People should do what makes them happy.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back