Bring back Phil!

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
For OL coach! He hasn't taken another HC position because he loves TN and nowhere else.

We could use his OL knowledge and what OL recruit wouldn't want to play for Phillip Fulmer?

Reactions: 22 people
Wouldn't that be like McElwain asking a retired Spurrier to comeback and be the QB coach? Or Barry Alvarez, never mind.

Reactions: 4 people
It won't.. Dumb idea

You could be correct. However, the general facts, may suggest otherwise. Muschamp for example, could not compete with modern head coaching competition but he will probably still excel at his true talent as a DC.

Reactions: 3 people
Would be more of a distraction than benefit.
He seems to be functioning well as a consultant at East Tennessee. Seems like enough time has passed to limit him to consulting the OL without a distraction. The man knows how to build a line. I know many think this OL is coming along and I hope it is. Just seems like the weak link to me. If we face the same OL problems next year then the tide will shift.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Dude of course it won't happen. And Butch isn't reading any of your posts seeking helpful tips either. It's a f***ing message board. The whole point is to discuss thoughts, opinions, and BS around with other Vol fans.

Loosen up

Let's also bring back Johnny Majors as RB coach...

Reactions: 1 person
He's said several times in interviews etc. He has zero interest in being an assistant coach at any level.

Dude of course it won't happen. And Butch isn't reading any of your posts seeking helpful tips either. It's a f***ing message board. The whole point is to discuss thoughts, opinions, and BS around with other Vol fans.

Loosen up

You are one that first suggested it and then said that it would not happen.... Which one is it?

Ultimate disrespect. From NC winning coach to $180,000 year OL coach. Sure, I can see that happen???

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back