In Responding To The So Called "NegaVols"...

Cletus P Fulmer

Who seem to revel in human Big Orange misery may I make a few rather important points. It is the job of every head coach to prepare his team and have them ready to win each game. All any coach can do is put his team in the position to win be that strategy and practice game prep. At some point the players must execute and play a near flawless game in order to carry out the plan and win the game. Now let us examine the 2 games possibly 3 that these so called nega folk seem to be wallowing in misery over.

1. Georgia-if Worley doesn't spend most of the 3rd quarter sidelined we may have dominated said quarter and won. Nothing to be altered here. At this time of the season Justin was fairly healthy although this game pretty much sent him on the road to season ending injuries. In addition the Hurd fumble hurt but those are the breaks of the game. What could Butch have done differently here?

2. Florida- Once again team is prepared and D dominates. Justin has a bad game. Look I think the world of the kid and I don't think he lost the game for us...but he didn't do the things offensively to WIN the game. Once again Butch has us in position to win so what on earth could he possibly have done different?

3. Missouri- Gary Pinkel is a great coach...has been there 14 years and knows his kids. He had them prepared for what Josh could do to them...most great coaches do that...and in my mind Pinkel is a great coach. Malone's dropped pass/interception was huge here as if we score we are up in the 4th. Once again the breaks of the game...player error...human error. Even those here who say Butch won't take chances would have to be impressed with the fake field goal pass play for a TD. Butch rolled the dice...he did everything to win.

So my question is...and I am hoping for some logical responses...what could Butch have done?

Reactions: 7 people
2. start Dobbs?

Of course , most of us negavols(realists in some circles) think he should've started from game 1

Reactions: 8 people
2. start Dobbs?

Of course , most of us negavols(realists in some circles) think he should've started from game 1

Thats what everybody is saying but who to say he wasnt really ready like everyone thinks he was...thats probably why they kept pushing peterman but he wasnt coning thru during games but I bet hes the exacte opposite in practice

Reactions: 2 people
2. start Dobbs?

I don't think any coach unless he is on some kind of suicide mission would withhold any player that gives him a chance to win...unless there is a very good reason for it.

Who seem to revel in human Big Orange misery may I make a few rather important points. It is the job of every head coach to prepare his team and have them ready to win each game. All any coach can do is put his team in the position to win be that strategy and practice game prep. At some point the players must execute and play a near flawless game in order to carry out the plan and win the game. Now let us examine the 2 games possibly 3 that these so called nega folk seem to be wallowing in misery over.

1. Georgia-if Worley doesn't spend most of the 3rd quarter sidelined we may have dominated said quarter and won. Nothing to be altered here. At this time of the season Justin was fairly healthy although this game pretty much sent him on the road to season ending injuries. In addition the Hurd fumble hurt but those are the breaks of the game. What could Butch have done differently here?

2. Florida- Once again team is prepared and D dominates. Justin has a bad game. Look I think the world of the kid and I don't think he lost the game for us...but he didn't do the things offensively to WIN the game. Once again Butch has us in position to win so what on earth could he possibly have done different?

3. Missouri- Gary Pinkel is a great coach...has been there 14 years and knows his kids. He had them prepared for what Josh could do to them...most great coaches do that...and in my mind Pinkel is a great coach. Malone's dropped pass/interception was huge here as if we score we are up in the 4th. Once again the breaks of the game...player error...human error. Even those here who say Butch won't take chances would have to be impressed with the fake field goal pass play for a TD. Butch rolled the dice...he did everything to win.

So my question is...and I am hoping for some logical responses...what could Butch have done?

I am not disappointed with the coaches or the season but since you asked, Jones could have done more with less for a change. Every team has injuries and weak points but the great coaches scheme their way around them and win in spite of them. I have not seen that on our side of the ball thus far. The SEC game is fast for the freshman, its also fast for these new coaches. Hopefully they will adjust just like the players.

Justin was hurt in the UGA game. Thats why he didnt play well against UF, and really from that point on. It was the same injury that he ended up having surgery for.

2. Could've easily managed the game better in the 2nd half offensively and let his defense win the game. Just had to play field position. The only way Florida was gonna win was if our offense made a critical error and gave Florida a short field .....which is exactly what happened imo. Florida is the only game I look at this year as a truly bad loss....I put it on Butch for not recognizing how they were gonna win the game....just should not have lost that game to a pathetic Florida team, but he did. Kinda like losing the Vandy game last year. Both losses were on coaching imo.

Reactions: 3 people
NAH the Less than optimistic posters , are just traumatized from the last Fulmer , Only Kiffen and then Dooley . I realize they are un-hinged . Mostly though I laugh AT them .

Everything worked out the way its suppose to,the goal,the only goal was to get to a bowl game.I wish we didn't have to use dobbs this year but we wouldn't reach our goal without him.

2. Could've easily managed the game better in the 2nd half offensively and let his defense win the game. Just had to play field position. The only way Florida was gonna win was if our offense made a critical error and gave Florida a short field .....which is exactly what happened imo. Florida is the only game I look at this year as a truly bad loss....I put it on Butch for not recognizing how they were gonna win the game....just should not have lost that game to a pathetic Florida team, but he did. Kinda like losing the Vandy game last year. Both losses were on coaching imo.

Only thing I might see coaching wise from the FL game was not adjusting defensively to a backup QB...everything else is either player error or lack of execution...and that isn't on Butch.

It's December. You gotta talk about something. Start a topic and get a conversation going if this one doesn't suit you. :hi:

Well that's all fine and good, but this same topic is made practically every day just by a different username. How many times can we possibly discuss the same topic?

Maybe I'll get some kind of all-time team thing going here to pass the time, but I doubt these threads stop.

Only thing I might see coaching wise from the FL game was not adjusting defensively to a backup QB...everything else is either player error or lack of execution...and that isn't on Butch.

I think the whole sitting on a 3 point lead was a terrible coaching job. Jones and Bajakian both seemed to think that was enough. Yes, there was some bad execution, but the gameplan was atrocious.

VN Store

Back