Derrell Scott transfer rumor

MurphyVol

Rumor alert. A friend that is a NCSU booster said he heard that Scott had asked for a release for NCSU. He also heard NC State told him they didn't have room for him

This has been talked about in the RF for a few days now, maybe longer. It does appear that he is on his way out, and NCSU is his preferred destination. Hard to say too much at this point though because nothing is official, so until that time, he is a Vol and I refuse to say anything negative about him.

Reactions: 16 people
If true good luck to the young man. I personally
wasn't that impressed with what action he had this season.

Reactions: 2 people
If true good luck to the young man. I personally
wasn't that impressed with what action he had this season.

In defense of Scott, there's probably only 15-20 backs in college football who could rush for 100+ yards behind our line... fortunately we have one of them.

Reactions: 10 people
Maybe he came to the grim conclusion that yards will be extremely hard to come by behind this o-line next year.

I hope this isn't true. That would be rough only having one of our three RB recruits from last year still on the roster.

Maybe he came to the grim conclusion that yards will be extremely hard to come by behind this o-line next year.

I'm thinking he came to the grim conclusion that most of his time next season would be on the bench behind Hurd, Kamara, and Reid.

Reactions: 5 people
You can step up and earn it (reps) or give up and transfer. Who's to say Kamara, Hurd will beat Scott out of playing time next year? If he transfers, he's made that decision easier for himself and the coaches. If he's looking at the Woofies and that's his fallback, the Vols wasn't the place for him from the jump.

Reactions: 2 people
Saying you weren't impressed and don't care that he is leaving is silly IMO.

I wasn't impressed with Jay Graham as a true freshman. He worked out pretty well for us. 😎

Reactions: 3 people
You can step up and earn it (reps) or give up and transfer. Who's to say Kamara, Hurd will beat Scott out of playing time next year? If he transfers, he's made that decision easier for himself and the coaches. If he's looking at the Woofies and that's his fallback, the Vols wasn't the place for him from the jump.
Nuff Said!!!

VN Store

Back