Mack Crowder

Blood Runs Orange

The wait and see approach
Other than Hurd, Crowder is the most important Vol to get back from injury in time for the bowl game IMO. While the OL left alot to be desired all season, when Crowder was out for the Mizzou and Vandy games they were noticeably worse. I think Dobbs was sacked like 3-4 times as much as the rest of his games combined. Weisman just routinely got beat like a rented mule by the opposing DT's.

So is Crowder supposed to be ready for the bowl game?

I hope he is, but if he isn't the extra practice and reps with the 1s should help Weisman play better in the bowl. He kinda got thrown to the wolves against Mizzou.

I think the coaches did a great job of masking many injured players. Tennessee still doesnt have the needed depth yet. There were many players on this team who were hurt and playing by Mizzou game. Coaches kept that quite. It will be good to get a lot of those dings healed up

Reactions: 6 people
Crowder is important but with this long of a break in action the most important part, time, he should (depending how bad it was/is) be back for the bowl game, I think it may have even been mentioned that he was back practicing at least in some capacity.

Did anyone watch the coal mining show that had Crowders dad as one of the main men they followed? Loved that show, after seeing his father (at least the way he spoke and was portrayed on the show) it is no wonder Mack is a great kid and hard worker.

I hope he is, but if he isn't the extra practice and reps with the 1s should help Weisman play better in the bowl. He kinda got thrown to the wolves against Mizzou.

Uh!! He was actually thrown to the TIGERS against Missouri not the WOLVES. Arkansas State are the Wolves. MIssouri are the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 person
Weisman didn't seem comfortable with snapping/blocking. Several snaps to Dobbs were not on target. Good accurate snaps are critical in this offense.

Crowder is important but with this long of a break in action the most important part, time, he should (depending how bad it was/is) be back for the bowl game, I think it may have even been mentioned that he was back practicing at least in some capacity.

Did anyone watch the coal mining show that had Crowders dad as one of the main men they followed? Loved that show, after seeing his father (at least the way he spoke and was portrayed on the show) it is no wonder Mack is a great kid and hard worker.

Knowing them I can honestly say that the ENTIRE family is this way. The brothers the same. They are very intelligent and have a great head on their shoulders and in Ivy league schools to beat so that says a lot. Great family to speak with anytime and they mother and father both made sure that their grades came first. I think this team needs him back badly and I do think he will be back by then as long as there are no major setbacks leading up until the game.

Reactions: 1 person
"You look at Jason Croom, another individual who is trying to fight through some injuries, so again we've challenged him in the strength and conditioning area. Another individual who has been banged up maybe since week two is Daniel Helm with an ankle. He never says two words about it. He continues to go out there and practice each and every day. These are all youngsters. And then you all know about Curt Maggitt, getting his health back. Mack Crowder as well. All these individuals will play in the TaxSlayer Bowl. They'll play in the Gator Bowl.

Media Monday: Jones Previews TaxSlayer Bowl - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 11 people
The OL got exposed against Missouri because they are a better defense than either South Carolina and Kentucky. Now Crowder being out against Vandy may have had something to do with the poor performance in that game

Weisman didn't seem comfortable with snapping/blocking. Several snaps to Dobbs were not on target. Good accurate snaps are critical in this offense.

I noticed that to, on several snaps the ball was low, Dobbs cant make the play if he is looking down at the ground on every snap.:ermm:

link to that show? or name to try to find??

Volnation loves communication skills of their players...Well spoken... Now we are getting into parents

VN Store

Back