View from Iowa

This will be a close game but I like our chances. only concern is our o-line getting any push against their D-line for the running game, and protecting Dobbs enough so that some deeper routs can develop.

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully our oline is a major focus during practices.

Iowa is not a pushover, UT will still need to bring their A-game. If UT can get some starters healed, we stand a good chance of winning, I hope UT and the fans don't look at Iowa as an easy team, they can play some football.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: 8 people
I believe it could go either way. But I could see the dismal attitudes of the reporters in the clip plus, did anyone notice they sort of kept digging at us for being a 6-6 team? I mean if they said it once they said it 20 times. It was like, we should beat this team that doesn't have a great record. After all they won 7 games. GBO

Iowa is not a pushover, UT will still need to bring their A-game. If UT can get some starters healed, we stand a good chance of winning, I hope UT and the fans don't look at Iowa as an easy team, they can play some football.

Go Vols!!

Theres no such thing as an easy team for us right now IMO. If they're bowling, they're dangerous.

Last edited:
Like that he said Iowa struggles bad against mobile QBs... Might not pan out, but always nice to hear when your team has one :)

I think we caught the best match up and landed in the best bowl game possible. Sorry Iowa feels crappy about their season. They bring that attitude to Jacksonville though and they'll get run..

Reactions: 6 people
How does a fan base's attitude influence the outcome of the game in favor of Tennessee?

I guess if you think the team doesnt carry the same "were a failure" attitude it really wouldnt matter.

Our 2012 Dooley team played the way our fan base felt, just saying.

Reactions: 6 people
It never fails to amaze me, how optimism that we will pull out a W, gets twisted by the negavols saying that we are saying the opponents are pushovers and this will be an easy win. The teams look to be well-matched. What's the harm in saying that we like our chances?

Reactions: 8 people
View from Iowa?

iowa.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
Why Tennessee fans are optimistic of beating Iowa

Interesting video. These guys are seriously down in the dumps. Based on the forums i've read and this video, the overall attitude around Iowa football is just bad right now. It has to be a huge plus for us.

The commentators in that video were way too hyped up. I'm going to have to watch some Bob Kesling clips to get my heart rate back below 40 bpm.

Reactions: 3 people
The commentators in that video were way too hyped up. I'm going to have to watch some Bob Kesling clips to get my heart rate back below 40 bpm.

"Jason Dobbs takes the shotgun snap and sprints left... no right... fires to the cheggarboards... is it a catch? The signal is touchdown!! It's Lavulon Person! Check that, Marcus North with the reception!"

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back