Ticket prices before bowl game

OrngeJuiceJones

Wondering how much tickets may be before the game? I don't think it will be a sellout at all. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions or experience buying from scalpers before bowls like this? Think 3 or 4 of us could score some really good deals?

I know UT is selling them to season ticket holders who qualify from $85-$125. So I would guess $140 from scalpers until right before kickoff.. JMO.

I also know that stubhub had tickets for $90 dollars. I was told that those that are on there are from jaguar PSL holders and they get the option to buy those tickets because of there season seats. Not sure if that is true but was told that today. I should know my seats today or tomorrow after UT emails me.

I was thinking because it won't sellout tickets should be cheap and plentiful but I don't know.
The university allotment was only 8000 so might be tougher to get tickets I know UT was almost sold out. Not sure how many Iowa was given and if they will send any back. Good luck! Hope you get a good deal!! GBO!

In my experience at the smaller bowls here in the Orlando area, there is often a panic about it being a sell out and not being able to get a ticket, and so people pay way over face value on Stubhub and what not, only to get there and find the stadium at best about 3/4 full and tons of game time tickets available for big discounts off face value.

Think about how many UT fans actually make the trek to a road game against a major conference rival. Then think about how many will want to do that for a 2:20 pm kickoff on the Friday after New Year's. then think about how many fans from Iowa are going to make that trip.

I'd be shocked if there weren't plenty of tickets available for cheap for that game.

And before anyone says I'm just a Gator fan dissing your game, let me be on record saying that for our game, they will probably end up giving away free hot dogs and soft drinks to the homeless just to get the place looking decently full on tv.

Reactions: 8 people
In my experience at the smaller bowls here in the Orlando area, there is often a panic about it being a sell out and not being able to get a ticket, and so people pay way over face value on Stubhub and what not, only to get there and find the stadium at best about 3/4 full and tons of game time tickets available for big discounts off face value.

Think about how many UT fans actually make the trek to a road game against a major conference rival. Then think about how many will want to do that for a 2:20 pm kickoff on the Friday after New Year's. then think about how many fans from Iowa are going to make that trip.

I'd be shocked if there weren't plenty of tickets available for cheap for that game.

And before anyone says I'm just a Gator fan dissing your game, let me be on record saying that for our game, they will probably end up giving away free hot dogs and soft drinks to the homeless just to get the place looking decently full on tv.

Those are my thoughts as well

The stadium holds over 67,000 so I don't see it being a sellout. My plan is to show up and buy tickets on the street prior to kickoff, hopefully in the $10-$20 range.

Yall are also talking about a fanbase that hasnt planned a bowl trip for a few years.

Yall are also talking about a fanbase that hasnt planned a bowl trip for a few years.

I agree we are a hungry fan base and I hope we show up big in Jacksonville. However, at any given time there are between 3,500 and 4,000 users online at Volnation (the greatest source of all things Tennessee Vols!), if each of those users brought 10 people the stadium is just over 1/2 full. I don't anticipate Iowa bringing a large group to Jacksonville. By those numbers there should be tickets available the day of the game. If I am wrong I will be the big guy laying on the sidewalk outside the stadium crying and mumbling to myself.

What kind of price range do you think tickets will go for?

Hang tight while I ask my magic 8 ball

Yeah, I really don't know. I'm just saying that in years past people who came all the way down here from some ridiculous place like Wisconsin were so worried they might miss the game if they didn't have tickets in hand well in advance that they paid quite a premium for that peace of mind compared to what they could have paid the day of.

I suppose it depends on how far you are coming from, for how long, and how much you are willing to spend to know well in advance that you have a ticket and where it is. For some people, that's worth $100 a ticket I guess. For others, I imagine they'd rather roll the dice to try to pay $20 for similar seats, plus the right to mock everyone who paid way too much two weeks before.

Reactions: 3 people
I've lost plenty of money over the years selling unwanted bowl tickets. Particularly in Florida

I went to Iowa's bowl game last year (my daughters went to school there) even though I am a Vols fan. Iowa travelled very well to Tampa with a lot of fans. I expect that they will for this as well

Yeah, I really don't know. I'm just saying that in years past people who came all the way down here from some ridiculous place like Wisconsin were so worried they might miss the game if they didn't have tickets in hand well in advance that they paid quite a premium for that peace of mind compared to what they could have paid the day of.

I suppose it depends on how far you are coming from, for how long, and how much you are willing to spend to know well in advance that you have a ticket and where it is. For some people, that's worth $100 a ticket I guess. For others, I imagine they'd rather roll the dice to try to pay $20 for similar seats, plus the right to mock everyone who paid way too much two weeks before.
As frequent lurker and rare commenter as Much as I despise Florida Gators I have (Most) always appreciated what you bring to the Forum and this is no exception:clap:.
I have bought quite a few tickets for UT home and away games, Bowl games, NHL games, conference championships, NCAA basketball tourney, NASCAR Races etc... and have a friend who is an amateur scalper in NC. I have never paid more than face value for good seats to anything if you are willing to roll the dice. Stay away from the Pro scalpers.
If you and 6 friends are going to the game you will have a hard time getting 7 tickets together without buying 8 ticks from someone who knows they have you over a barrel. If on the other hand y'all don't care if you sit together pick up some pairs and somebody who has 3 extras for less than face. Look for the well dressed guy with his kid who has 2 xtras because his wife and daughter decided to stay in because it was too hot, cold or the beach was calling.
Look for the 3-4 guys tailgating who made a road trip and their 2 buddies couldn't make it.
When I go to a game with my college aged son and my buddy and his 2 boys its worth the extra money for me to know I have 5 in hand together when I leave for the 7 hour trip to Kville since we don't get to spend much time with our sons. But if its just me and my son or wife going I roll the dice on a pair for under face and have yet to be disappointed.

Reactions: 2 people
I can promise you 20 bucks will get you in. I've never paid 25 for a bowl game 2 Sugars and 2 Fiestas and an Orange included .

Reactions: 1 person
The Tennessee section is the west side of EverBank Stadium. If it's not a sellout I think it will be close. You've got to remember that Vol fans have not been to a bowl game in four years and that was in Nashville the one before that was Atlanta!

Reactions: 1 person
My thought is if I'm going to invest in travel expenses, I'd just assume having tickets in hand and enjoy the pre-game festivities.

The Tennessee section is the west side of EverBank Stadium. If it's not a sellout I think it will be close. You've got to remember that Vol fans have not been to a bowl game in four years and that was in Nashville the one before that was Atlanta!

Thanks for the input lol

VN Store

Back