"Ask A Hawkeye" with 3YardOut

Fine, I'll be the first to ask then.

3YO: Why is your team named after a character from the television series MASH?

Reactions: 11 people
OK, here I is. Bring your questions about the Iowa football program, fanbase, etc and I'll do my best.

My only connection with TN is spending a few days in Chattanooga. We had a great time.
And I once met Pat Summit. Amazing person.

Reactions: 39 people
Seriously though.

Name what you think is the strongest and weakest individual units (DL, QB, etc) on the Iowa team and why. Thanks

Reactions: 1 person
OK, here I is. Bring your questions about the Iowa football program, fanbase, etc and I'll do my best.

My only connection with TN is spending a few days in Chattanooga. We had a great time.
And I once met Pat Summit. Amazing person.

OK. Why does the Hawkeye's continue year after year to under achieve????

What type of pictures or other blackmail material does CKF have that allow him to maintain his job at his current level of pay?

I imagine it involves board members and farm animals.

FWIW, I don't dislike the guy...but damnation he's pricey.

Reactions: 3 people
Fine, I'll be the first to ask then.

3YO: Why is your team named after a character from the television series MASH?

This popular nickname for the state of Iowa is said to have come from the scout, Hawkeye, in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans published in 1826. According to the Iowa State web site, "Two Iowa promoters from Burlington are believed to have popularized the name." Yea Google.

Reactions: 6 people
What are your thoughts on how you will fare against the Vols on 1/2/15, cliff notes of the game and how you see it playing out.

Would you agree that mobile quarterbacks effective at running the read option utilizing jet sweep motions is the kryptonite of your defense?

Reactions: 1 person
Another thread on the forum demonstrates there are attractive females in Iowa, but few appear to have ample attributes on their chest. Is this a result of diet, genetics or do we simply not have a solid sampling as yet? Y'all have huge wild turkeys and BIG deer, but the majority of the ladies pictured are of the IBT variety.

Reactions: 19 people
OK. Why does the Hawkeye's continue year after year to under achieve????

Man what a great question! I think it's part recruiting, but mostly I think it's Kirk Ferentz' ultra conservative approach to coaching. He's known for keeping his timeouts as if they carry over to the next game. Often takes a knee to end a half even when he has timeouts to burn. Also, Iowa is very easy to scheme for. A zebra can't change it's stripes and neither can Ferentz, apparently.
Ferentz believes his gameplans are always top quality and it's just a matter of players executing.

Reactions: 12 people
What are your thoughts on how you will fare against the Vols on 1/2/15, cliff notes of the game and how you see it playing out.

I think the game will be very close. It's hard for me to be objective and I haven't seen the Vols at all this season. Just going from what I've read elsewhere, Iowa's experience on the DL and OL may make the difference. Then again, mobile QB's have killed us this year. I'm gonna go UI 21-UT 20. But a loss certainly wouldn't surprise me at all.

On I-380 between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids, there is a town called Swisher. Drive into town and make your first right, and you'll find a playground and ball field surrounded by corn fields as far as you can see. On the edge of the corn field, you find signs that say "Please respect this property", or something along those lines.

What's that dude's problem?

Reactions: 14 people
On I-380 between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids, there is a town called Swisher. Drive into town and make your first right, and you'll find a playground and ball field surrounded by corn fields as far as you can see. On the edge of the corn field, you find signs that say "Please respect this property", or something along those lines.

What's that dude's problem?

They have had a property dispute for a number of years. Build it and they will come.

Sneaky AJ Johnson jab is sneaky

219423_o.gif

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back