Does Von Pearson only have 1 more year?

All of our receivers are playing way below their potential. Wide receiver U is far from what we currently are.

Reactions: 13 people
Yes.

Despite any injury, he played far too much this year to even be considered for a medical redshirt.

All of our receivers are playing way below their potential. Wide receiver U is far from what we currently are.

Howard is playing very well. North is hurt. Malone is a freshman who was battling injuries. Imo Pearson has great athletic ability but doesnt really know how to be an elite SEC WR. He lacks route running skills and little nuances of the position. Thats why most of his receptions came off of simple screens or go routes.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to throw downfield to your burners if your QB is busy picking sod out of his facemask.

Reactions: 25 people
Guys our playbook was so small this year that there is no way you can really evaluate whether he was effective or not. Hopefully the OL produces a little more next year and there will be a gigantic improvement in production from all of our skill players.

Reactions: 6 people

Pearson wouldn't be playing below his potential if he was targeted more. The man never drops a pass and always does something good with the ball in his hands.

I honestly think Dobbs struggles with finding the right recievers more than people think. The only time he throws to Pearson is on that God-awful lateral WR Screen that Bajakian loves so much. Which is the absolute worst play in college football, so naturally Bajakian runs it 90 times a game.

Reactions: 10 people
Howard is playing very well. North is hurt. Malone is a freshman who was battling injuries. Imo Pearson has great athletic ability but doesnt really know how to be an elite SEC WR. He lacks route running skills and little nuances of the position. Thats why most of his receptions came off of simple screens or go routes.

Haven't seen many go routes this season? Doesn't matter though, we could have Jerry Rice out there, our QB can't get the ball to him when he's running for his life every snap or on his back.
If the O-line improves and our QBs start throwing with more accuracy, we'll be scary.

Reactions: 5 people

If anyone lacked route running skills, it was Patterson.

Reactions: 4 people
Haven't seen many go routes this season? Doesn't matter though, we could have Jerry Rice out there, our QB can't get the ball to him when he's running for his life every snap or on his back.
If the O-line improves and our QBs start throwing with more accuracy, we'll be scary.

Exactamundo!

Last edited:
He had some flashes but a continuing injury limited him. That TD against Kentucky was awesome. I think he will have a big year next year.

I agree. I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on Azzani as a coach yet

Is this the reason our coveted 5* WR from GA took a visit to UGA recently? IDK but I was hoping for more production from our WRs as well. Now with Dobbs "on-again/off-again" passing accuracy, it may not get better (unless he improves in the off-season which I am betting he will).

I think a lot of them are banged up - North and Malone for example. But since BJ has a policy not to discuss injuries, it leads to a lot of faulty speculation on VN about what's really going on. I've been guilty of that with Malone recently.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on Azzani as a coach yet

Don't see how you can question Azanni? Considering the O-Line gives receivers on average a couple of seconds, can't really give a fair assessment at this time. JMO but I really think he is doing a good job and we will begin to see this in the bowl and next year. Look at what he has had to deal with, Josh Smith out for year, North missed most of year and is now out with surgery. Pearson had high ankle sprain which is the slowest healing ankle injury you can have without it being broken. Josh Malone has been dealing with shoulder issues the second half of the year, Daniel Helm with ankle issues most of the year. Taking all of this into consideration I think he has done a remarkable job holding it together as well as can be expected but again this is just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
They honestly grind the WR's too much, a lot of times they have to come down and block LB's, have to block on Safties in the box, they take a beating. Hopefully next year they will reconsider it.

I think a lot of them are banged up - North and Malone for example. But since BJ has a policy not to discuss injuries, it leads to a lot of faulty speculation on VN about what's really going on. I've been guilty of that with Malone recently.

Yeah....I really think we are throwing out bodies that are at 80% recovered because someone else goes down and is unable to play. Add that with the O-Line's lack of pass blocking....which adds to the QB having to scramble or eat mud....any of our WR's are going to not look to hot.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back