Official 2014 Attrition/Transfer Thread

PeytonBerry

I've heard a few different things about some current VOLS, and I don't have a great place to get info. Please post if you have any additional info.

1. Hendrix - Heard he cleared out his locker (don't know why) but his teammates (Barnett and Mosely) are trying to talk some sense in him.
2. D. Scott - Broke his hand in the circle of life drill and is upset with the coaches for it.
3. Joe Henderson - Looking to transfer (not sure why)
4. Josh Malone - No real news, but a few are worried.

Before you flame, please know these are only rumors I've heard, and my hope is that they aren't true (often times they aren't!). In fact, I've heard great things about the character of Malone and Hendrix especially. I simply want a better place to find information on the subject. My hope is that we take care of our current VOLS and help them be successful under a coach that really cares about them.

On a side note, who can summarize what off-season attrition does for our scholarship limits (25 and 85).

Thanks,
PB

Reactions: 3 people
Malone went to school with my kid and he comes to the SCHS games from time to time. A friend of his said he is injured and is slow on the field at this time. If you know Josh, he doesn't talk much or care about social media. He is a great kid!

Reactions: 31 people
Not sure about the answer for the scholarship question, but let me say this. A broken hand is sometimes a freak accident and there is no reason to put the blame on the coaches. These other guys just sound like their hearts aren't in it anymore, and well quite frankly, if your heart isn't in it, pack your **** and get the **** out!!! This team doesn't need that sissy ass bs, they need warriors that will leave it out on the field every game.

Reactions: 5 people
Malone went to school with my kid and he comes to the SCHS games from time to time. A friend of his said he is injured and is slow on the field at this time. If you know Josh, he doesn't talk much or care about social media. He is a great kid!

My wife went to Station Camp, and likewise I've only heard good things about him. He is least likely IMO to leave.

Reactions: 4 people
Not sure about the answer for the scholarship question, but let me say this. A broken hand is sometimes a freak accident and there is no reason to put the blame on the coaches. These other guys just sound like their hearts aren't in it anymore, and well quite frankly, if your heart isn't in it, pack your **** and get the **** out!!! This team doesn't need that sissy ass bs, they need warriors that will leave it out on the field every game.

Even though I'm the one putting the rumors out there, be careful not to form an opinion about a person on a rumor. I just want a place to share news/updates. Rumors welcome, but I hope we are careful not to blast the players.

Reactions: 1 person

Sounds like an extremely harsh way of viewing players. They are people, not just empty soulless beings that have no emotions. Maybe they have some personal issues that we don't know about.

Don't want to judge to quickly.

Reactions: 13 people
I wasn't really blasting the players, just putting the truth out there. I've noticed on any level of football, football isn't what it really used to be. It's changed for the worse IMO. I played from the time I was 6 years old all the way through my senior year of high school and it's just changed. It seems that football used to be more a knockdown drag out sport a while ago compared to now. Some players just don't seem into it like we used to be into it. We lived and breathed this stuff 24/7 365. Now I see players in the NFL complaining about hits and players in college who give their all for a little while and then flake out, or go out and get in trouble, and high school players now, well you got a few that are there 100 percent, then you got those guys that just do it to get recognized for wearing a jersey. The way I've always looked at it, especially during my playing days, unless you absolutely can't go, then you don't need to be out there. It cracks me up to see players go down with a turf toe, or a strained arm.

I wasn't really blasting the players, just putting the truth out there. I've noticed on any level of football, football isn't what it really used to be. It's changed for the worse IMO. I played from the time I was 6 years old all the way through my senior year of high school and it's just changed. It seems that football used to be more a knockdown drag out sport a while ago compared to now. Some players just don't seem into it like we used to be into it. We lived and breathed this stuff 24/7 365. Now I see players in the NFL complaining about hits and players in college who give their all for a little while and then flake out, or go out and get in trouble, and high school players now, well you got a few that are there 100 percent, then you got those guys that just do it to get recognized for wearing a jersey. The way I've always looked at it, especially during my playing days, unless you absolutely can't go, then you don't need to be out there. It cracks me up to see players go down with a turf toe, or a strained arm.

Clearly your playing career that fizzled out in HS is comparable to college and the NFL. Great insight

Reactions: 29 people
Clearly your playing career that fizzled out in HS is comparable to college and the NFL. Great insight

Again, you're just taking what I said and just putting your opinion in. Look at the evolution of football, In the early days, players played with broken legs. Players would lose significant amount of blood during the game. Now a days, a player is like "damn I got turf toe" I'm out 4 weeks.

I've heard a few different things about some current VOLS, and I don't have a great place to get info. Please post if you have any additional info.

1. Hendrix - Heard he cleared out his locker (don't know why) but his teammates (Barnett and Mosely) are trying to talk some sense in him.
2. D. Scott - Broke his hand in the circle of life drill and is upset with the coaches for it.
3. Joe Henderson - Looking to transfer (not sure why)
4. Josh Malone - No real news, but is not giving full effort in practices and a few are worried.

Before you flame, please know these are only rumors I've heard, and my hope is that they aren't true (often times they aren't!). In fact, I've heard great things about the character of Malone and Hendrix especially. I simply want a better place to find information on the subject. My hope is that we take care of our current VOLS and help them be successful under a coach that really cares about them.

On a side note, who can summarize what off-season attrition does for our scholarship limits (25 and 85).

Thanks,
PB

Worst thread ever and that's saying something. Thankfully this trumps the crap threads I've started.

Again, you're just taking what I said and just putting your opinion in. Look at the evolution of football, In the early days, players played with broken legs. Players would lose significant amount of blood during the game. Now a days, a player is like "damn I got turf toe" I'm out 4 weeks.

Yeah they also complain about brain injuries. What does your brain have to do with playing football anyways? I'll agree the game is changing but most of its for the better. It's a sport and people shouldn't be playing while they are loosing massive amounts of blood or with a broken leg. I do agree it's petty if he wants to leave because he broke his hand. I don't know if any coach would accept him if that's his reason for leaving.

Reactions: 3 people
I didn't play HSFB that long ago. We had what was considered a "big" OL averaging maybe 210 lbs or so. Same school now averages closer to 250 and are just as athletic.

In the 80's, Nebraska was known for its size. The biggest OL on their roster in 1984 was 290 lbs. Most of their OL's were in the 250-270 range. Their biggest DL weight 260 lbs.

The game has changed. The size, strength, and athleticism dictates that you are more careful with injuries. An injury that you could have played through 30 years ago could now make a player vulnerable to a lifechanging injury if he tried to play through.

Two pages already and no news/updates. What have I started?

Henderson had been gone for a while, the Malone stuff was never from a credible source and Hendrix/Scott had been discussed extensively in another thread. Are you looking for something else?

Reactions: 2 people
Henderson had been gone for a while, the Malone stuff was never from a credible source and Hendrix/Scott had been discussed extensively in another thread. Are you looking for something else?

That's fine, I just seemed to hear bits and pieces from different sources and thought it might be nice to have it in one spot. So Henderson is gone gone, or is there still a chance with him? Anything on Scott?

VN Store

Back