Scalping the Slayer?

Aerie Vol

In '97, I paid $100 each for 3 tix to see Peyton's last game - the '98 Orange Bowl vs. eventual national champion Nebraska. That wasn't much over face value ($80 maybe) and I was well pleased.

Until I got to the game. Tickets were everywhere on the street and were often going for as low as $20. I see where last year's taxslayer attendance was about 15K below capacity.

Thoughts on waiting to buy until you get there? Input appreciated.

AV

In '97, I paid $100 each for 3 tix to see Peyton's last game - the '98 Orange Bowl vs. eventual national champion Nebraska. That wasn't much over face value ($80 maybe) and I was well pleased.

Until I got to the game. Tickets were everywhere on the street and were often going for as low as $20. I see where last year's taxslayer attendance was about 15K below capacity.

Thoughts on waiting to buy until you get there? Input appreciated.

AV

That was also with post season rematch of two unhappy fanbases; UGA and Nebraska. Wouldnt use that as a reference point though.

That was also with post season rematch of two unhappy fanbases; UGA and Nebraska. Wouldnt use that as a reference point though.

I hear you. However, it was apparently 12,000 MORE than they had the year before. Though I see reports where the attendance has usually been over 60K.

AV

I just bought a bunch for $70 because I could pick out my seats to keep my family members all together.

Recall BCS Championship game in '99. We went on a group package & scalpers getting $400-500 for tickets, but at the site I saw ASU students selling tickets for $25. It's a bit of a risk, but it's likely ticket prices will be very reasonable on the street on gameday. Good luck!:hi:

Recall BCS Championship game in '99. We went on a group package & scalpers getting $400-500 for tickets, but at the site I saw ASU students selling tickets for $25. It's a bit of a risk, but it's likely ticket prices will be very reasonable on the street on gameday. Good luck!:hi:

I actually remember some scalpers grumbling outside the game about the "cheap" Tennessee fans.

Never been to a bowl game yet where tickets could not be had very reasonable.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back