Could we get AJ back?

SmokeyHound

I've been looking for a thread but I cannot find one. Does anybody know if it is possible for AJ Johnson to be back for the bowl game? Or does anybody know when we will find out? Thanks

very doubtful based on what seems to be the prevailing winds,,,,,,,,,,

Case is supposed to go before a grand jury this week. If there are no charges, he'll be back.

I could have sworn I read an article during the height of the debacle and the writer quoted him as saying he's not worried by allegations and he's still happy to be graduating early.

Is there any truth to this or was the writer just bonkers? The latter wouldn't surprise me given online articles these days.

The amount of time this "investigation" is taking is ludicrous. If AJ is cleared he should sue the pants of the Knoxville PD. How can this investigation go on this long with no charges. Last excuse I heard was that it wasn't done yet because they were transcribing interviews. What is this 1950?

I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the details here, but if this were Florduh AJ would have already had the opportunity to commit three more transgressions and be forgiven for them by now.

Reactions: 13 people
The amount of time this "investigation" is taking is ludicrous. If AJ is cleared he should sue the pants of the Knoxville PD. How can this investigation go on this long with no charges. Last excuse I heard was that it wasn't done yet because they were transcribing interviews. What is this 1950?

I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the details here, but if this were Florduh AJ would have already had the opportunity to commit three more transgressions and be forgiven for them by now.

You know... The purpose is to find the truth, not get someone back on the team ASAP, right?

Reactions: 29 people

Florida State is 2 years in now with no outcome. They are handling it in the polar opposite manner, ensuring Winston is through playing football before any substantive action is taken.

Reactions: 8 people
Even if he is cleared he still might not be back. Heard if he is cleared he might have to go to a meeting with the university and some sort of student judicial council or something like that and since the semester is almost over they will wait until the start of next semester after our bowl game. Could be wrong but that's what I have heard.

Can someone explain when a grand jury is used, and when not? I assume that if there was obvious evidence of sexual assault, they would have just arrested him and no grand jury, yes? Or do they always take cases like this before the grand jury?

Heard if he is cleared he might have to go to a meeting with the university and some sort of student judicial council

I keep hearing horror stories of students involved with these at different universities. Each one had a similar theme with the accused basicly being put on trial but not afforded the rights set forth in the US judicial system. The "judge" is often a facilty member and the claims are often "criminal" in nature such as sexual assualt yet the local court system doesn't pursue charges against the accused? One was in the papers recently at Chattanooga. The accused athlete was booted from school yet the local police didn't arrest and the DA brought no charges? Some of these young people are being seriously negatively impacted and are being denied due process. I'm waiting to see the ACLU take on one of these cases as it strikes me as a total violation of the accused's rights.

Assault, Rape, Sexual Assault, theift, etc are all crimes in our society. If someone at a university is a victim of any of these, the local law enforcement should be the one and only organization investigating and handing out punishments.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back