Just booked hotel

vols1215

Just thought if pass along. Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East. Booked for $109 a night plus tax. About as cheap as I could find and it's 7 miles from Downtown for those that don't want to stay in the city.

Reactions: 2 people
Just thought if pass along. Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East. Booked for $109 a night plus tax. About as cheap as I could find and it's 7 miles from Downtown for those that don't want to stay in the city.

Raddison on butler blvd is 6 miles from stadium and right Beside Dave and busters... Paid 147 for 2 nights and looks to be a pretty nice place.

Let's here some beach recommendations from anyone that is local to Jax or has stayed there before.

Reactions: 1 person
I just booked Sheraton at Jacksonville Beach and it was 150.00 and like 12 miles from the stadium, but I figured there will be tons to do there. Hope we sell it out making it a sea of orange!!!!

GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
jax beach is about 15 miles from downtown
when we go to the gator game we stay downtown on the river in Jax Landing area

lots to do there and if you want to do the beach its about a half hour away

Let's here some beach recommendations from anyone that is local to Jax or has stayed there before.

There are several hotels at the beach, some quirky local ones, and your basic Courtyards and HI Expresses. Stick with the chains.

Personally, downtown is ideal if you can find a decent rate. Even on the south side of the river you can take a water taxi across to the Landing. Also recommend the St Johns Towncenter area. If you just want cheap there's a good Extended Stay @ I-95 and Baymeadows. Probably $60.

I plan on heading down for New Years. Anyone know any good events that will be going on?

I just booked Sheraton at Jacksonville Beach and it was 150.00 and like 12 miles from the stadium, but I figured there will be tons to do there. Hope we sell it out making it a sea of orange!!!!

GBO!

Its more like 25 miles, you will only make that drive down Atlantic or Beach once. Trust me.

Best route to the beach is 95 south to Butler Blvd (Fl 202).

We booked 3 nights at the Four Points Sheraton Jacksonville Beach. Great family friendly location as well.

Reactions: 1 person
i live in jax, would recommend hotels off of gate pkwy by south side. Called the deerwood area. Also on town center there is a very nice homewood suites

Its more like 25 miles, you will only make that drive down Atlantic or Beach once. Trust me.

Best route to the beach is 95 south to Butler Blvd (Fl 202).

Google is showing 16 miles now I checked but I was going off the reservation operator :eek:hmy:

I still think 30 mins to the game is worth spending 2 days on the beach at what looks to be a nice place. I hope there will be some VFL's there with me to watch the new years day bowls!:dance2:

We visit Crescent Beach every summer; it is secluded, so to speak, so if you are looking for a party, look elsewhere. It is straight down the coast on the south end of St. Augustine Beach, and it is about 1 hour from the stadium. We stay at Beacher's Lodge every year which is a condo style hotel. They have oceanfront rooms available with private balconies, and they rate them bronze, silver, or gold. They also have a special for that time of year: pay for 2 nights, stay for 3. Total price would be anywhere from about $175 to $350 total (not per night) depending on the room you choose. They have a heated pool and private access to the beach along with full kitchens. It's not fancy, but it's far from a dump. Hope this helps.
St. Augustine Beach Hotels | Beacher's Lodge | 800.527.8849

Last edited:
If you are going out of downtown Knoxville or west of there, 75 is your best choice (Atlanta sucks though). 95 is the best route if you are East of Knoxville, and you get to avoid Atlanta. The only drawback to the 95 route is the curvy section of the mountains on I-40.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations. We're looking at staying in a condo. Anyone have any suggestions from St. Augustine up to Amelia Island?

VN Store

Back