Band making the trip to Jax?

Better be. I would have to say Yes. I believe the bowl has a parade New Years day and would expect the Pride to participate.

Reactions: 2 people
Dave Hart seems to consider band travel unnecessary so it will be interesting to see if he opens up the bank account for this one. It isn't cheap for 350 or so people to travel for a few days. The band has always gone to the bowl game as long as I've been around.

Reactions: 1 person
The Vols record isn't very good when the Pride doesn't travel. Blown out at Arkansas under Doofus and a poor performance in Norman. The Pride MUST travel, even if it's just a pep band.

Saw a UT band member post on Reddit they go no matter where the game is. The Pride will be in Jacksonville.

Yes band will be there. I know for sure Iowa is bringing their band. Both bands will be in the Gator Bowl Parade on New Years Day.

Absolutely, I spoke to a friend and they were meeting to fill out paper work regrading the bowl instead of taking a final.

Not a chance. It's xmas break. Students won't be in Ktown.

For the Chick-Fil-A bowl, people who lived < 400 miles from Knoxville were reimbursed for mileage to drive back. People over 400 got plane tickets. Then the standard meal stipends, etc.

Practiced the day before and did some derpy parade then played at the game.

Armrests sucked ass playing sousaphone.

They damn sure better have the Pride there. Want my girls (11,14) to get the whole bowl game experience and that includes the PSB!

Historically the athletic department pays the expenses for each band member to travel back to campus for the bowl game, just like they do for the team.

Your username...

I'm gonna change my name to ilovejudy.

VN Store

Back