Validation?

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
For those that still want to pee on the parade, there is some validation in the current bowl picture. Half of UT's wins were against bowl bound teams. Ark St, Utah St, and South Carolina are all slated for bowl games. When you consider that all the teams that beat our beloved Vols with the exception of the Floriduh Gators will be in bowl games, the season doesn't look too bad. While I believe that there were a couple of opportunities that were missed, the schedule was as tough as predicted. GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 3 people
For those that still want to pee on the parade, there is some validation in the current bowl picture. Half of UT's wins were against bowl bound teams. Ark St, Utah St, and South Carolina are all slated for bowl games. When you consider that all the teams that beat our beloved Vols with the exception of the Floriduh Gators will be in bowl games, the season doesn't look too bad. While I believe that there were a couple of opportunities that were missed, the schedule was as tough as predicted. GO BIG ORANGE!

I just know they can be 7-6 when its done. Dont care about what's happened up til now.

I am glad we are bowling, and I hate to be peed on while in a parade.

However, just about everyone gets a bowl these days---kind of like the NFL playoffs...but that is another topic.

Go Vols, beat Iowa

Reactions: 3 people
I am glad we are bowling, and I hate to be peed on while in a parade.

However, just about everyone gets a bowl these days---kind of like the NFL playoffs...but that is another topic.

Go Vols, beat Iowa

I agree but I guarantee at least half of the college football teams that are bowling this year wouldn't be bowling with our schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree but I guarantee at least half of the college football teams that are bowling this year wouldn't be bowling with our schedule.

This! Quite frankly, I think team 118 overachieved a bit when you factor in our schedule and injuries to key players. I'm happy we are bowling and proud of this team. As for the Florida game we all know the score and its time to move on. We'll knock them off next year and it will be, oh, so sweet.

Reactions: 1 person
This! Quite frankly, I think team 118 overachieved a bit when you factor in our schedule and injuries to key players. I'm happy we are bowling and proud of this team. As for the Florida game we all know the score and its time to move on. We'll knock them off next year and it will be, oh, so sweet.

No we won't. Not next year, not in 2020, not ever again. I'm convinced at this point.

Agreed. But then again with our fan support, facilities, recruiting budget, lure of the SEC, they'd be in a better position to compete.

Everybody wants to point out the difficulties of an SEC schedule but never mention the HUGE benefits we have over almost everyone else in the country.

My point was congrats to the team for overachieving and getting a bowl.

I also hinted that I think there are way too many bowls and that having to accept 6-6 teams is a sign of that. My opinion is that a team should have a winning record to be bowl eligible and if that results in a reduction of the number of bowls, so be it. This would make getting a bowl more meaningful.

The SEC East was the weakest I have ever seen it this year...so the schedule strength argument would only work with the SEC West schools we played (and possibly misery)--SC, GA, KY, and FLA all lost to their rival OOC teams.

VN Store

Back