official bowl game announcement thread

Volsfaninva917

Figured I'd made one for fun to discuss the decision and opponent.

I do think the SEC will have 2 repersenatives in the new years 6, so there is a chance UT could end up in Nashville if that scenario plays out. But its all but a guarantee now that Tennessee will not leave the state for the bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think music city wants them. Liberty and Belk bowl are best bets. If Belk don't take us it is probably Liberty vs West Virginia. I could not imagine Texas Bowl would turn Texas down but would like to see a UT vs UT in Memphis.

I don't think music city wants them. Liberty and Belk bowl are best bets. If Belk don't take us it is probably Liberty vs West Virginia. I could not imagine Texas Bowl would turn Texas down but would like to see a UT vs UT in Memphis.

I would be in favor of a Texas or OSU match up in Memphis.

UT will not be in the Music City Bowl in Nashville. I have heard two radio interviews with the MCB Director here in Nashville over the past few weeks. In the first one he stated that ticket prices have gone up drasticly in order to have a bigger payout. Also said that they were trying to move up a few tiers as a bowl game. Third, he stated that they are looking at 7-8 win teams. Just a few days ago in a second interview, he was talking about the selection process. Everything is submitted to the SEC office now. The MCB Director said, "our first choice is LSU, next is Texas A&M, and UT was 4th on the list." Also he stated that the city needs a big hotel dollars revenue. UT will not provide that like an out of state team would.

Reactions: 2 people
Too bad the MCB doesn't get to choose. Slive might just tell them UT just to because he's Slive

Guys I'm just glad we get a bowl. Last night at work felt like Christmas eve.

We need to play somebody that we can beat, we need to win where we can ride the MO JO into 15, if we can keep this class together and win 8 or 9 next year the 16 class will tell us if we are a big DOG or just a PUP.

Seems like a lot more Music City Bowl chatter this morning than I expected. I think odds are: 40% - Liberty, 30% - MCB, 20% - Belk, and 10% - other.

Last edited:
Don't see how in Haiti usc gets to belk bowl. We beat them and finished ahead of them, their fan base is not going to travel worth a darn I guarantee that. GO VOLS!!!!

Everything seems aligned for the Liberty. Liberty submitted three picks and we were #1. We submitted three picks and Liberty was #2. If the MCB put us #4, we're most likely headed to the Liberty to play WVU (since we've already played Okla this year).

My inlaws are from WV and act like they know things about football....God I hope we play/beat WVU. I'd take 5 more losses to UF if we could win that game. I've grown to hate WVU.

My inlaws are from WV and act like they know things about football....God I hope we play/beat WVU. I'd take 5 more losses to UF if we could win that game. I've grown to hate WVU.

While I admire your passion if you would.. do not ever repeat that comment you just made:crazy::dance2:

Reactions: 9 people

Are they aware they've never won anything meaningful and were a glorified Boise St. in the Big East?

VN Store

Back