Hendrix and Scott

VolFan4Life10

Both were not at practice today. Ive heard the rumors if Scott leaving but havent heard abouy Hendrix. Does anyone know whats going on with these 2? Really hate to lose either especially hendrix from what ive heard he could be just as good as Barnett

Both were not at practice today. Ive heard the rumors if Scott leaving but havent heard abouy Hendrix. Does anyone know whats going on with these 2? Really hate to lose either especially hendrix from what ive heard he could be just as good as Barnett

I heard it in another thread. Hate to lose Hendrix, but Scott hasn't done much this year due to being injured. The coaches may think he is injury prone so they could be taking the lose knowing we are in on some good RBs.

Hope it's only school work.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see why either of these guys would leave. They have the opportunity to really contribute and ball out next year. Scott just needs some more time in the weight room to deal with the injury problems. I hope we keep both of them Hendrix is going to be the real deal if he comes back.

Reactions: 5 people
Fortenberry said that Scott did not take one of his finals and that both Scott and Hendrix are contemplating their futures and are deciding if UT is where they will attend school in January.

Reactions: 2 people
Hendrix was on the field a lot this year. His leaving would really surprise me.

Fortenberry said that Scott did not take one of his finals and that both Scott and Hendrix are contemplating their futures and are deciding if UT is where they will attend school in January.

If Scott purposely missed a final, then he doesn't have it "upstairs" to make it at UT. That would just be plain stupid.

Reactions: 7 people
It would be a big blow if they left, but it isn't like this is unprecedented. Every class has a few that wind up leaving. They end up regretting a close decision, feeling homesick, have family health issues, can't make the grades, or just don't like where they see themselves on the depth chart.

We are in an unusual position, though, where we took almost 2 full classes last year. We are not only bound to have, statistically speaking, more players leave, but we the large class itself could exacerbate the problem of players transferring in the first place. It's one thing if you're a backup with no hopes of supplanting a player 1-3 years ahead of you. It's quite another when you see that you're hopelessly behind another freshman. Add in another large incoming class, full of quality players across the line, and it becomes even more tempting to preemptively head out.

I'm not saying it is the right decision, or that he wouldn't have played, but you can almost imagine what's going on in their heads, and it is clear that it isn't anything about the program itself.

Reactions: 1 person
Losing a running back is painless, but losing a DE or olineman is nothing we can't afford.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

No kidding. Ignoring the "nothing we can't affordable". RB is one of our thinnest positions, given that Lane is leaving, Paul is gone, and Scott is on this list of possible transfers. Not to mention, RB's get hurt ALL THE TIME. But DE? Shot. We have a big class coming in, and a little more depth there.

Wait, no. I can't ignore the first part. Nothing we can't affordable? Even if we assume you meant "afford", it would be grammatical but the opposite of what you meant to say. I'm lost.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back