I want a homer

Nocleats

I want a radio play by play announcer that is 100 % homer for the Vols. I want him to say our and us and we when describing Tennessee on the radio. I want him to say them and their when talking of the other team.. I want him to sound disgusted and mad and unimpressed when describing another school and ecstatic if not orgasmic when the Vols have success. I want him to be hated by visitors and loved by all VFLs and I want him to be great at his craft. I also want him to meet todays culture and not the Cracker Barrel culture of the past.(Yes they do have great food, but) Is this person out there?

Reactions: 10 people
Loved John Ward, listened to him for thirty years, wont be another I want a JWard 2015 version that is off the chart good and off the charts all Vol , that helps the university with its PR its image and its recruiting, and who helps CBJ ignite the fanbase into a crazed frenzy that is nothing short of dangerous!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I want a radio play by play announcer that is 100 % homer for the Vols. I want him to say our and us and we when describing Tennessee on the radio. I want him to say them and their when talking of the other team.. I want him to sound disgusted and mad and unimpressed when describing another school and ecstatic if not orgasmic when the Vols have success. I want him to be hated by visitors and loved by all VFLs and I want him to be great at his craft. I also want him to meet todays culture and not the Cracker Barrel culture of the past.(Yes they do have great food, but) Is this person out there?
You can't always get what you what...you can't always get what you need...but if you try sometimes... you get what you need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5GOH2CO1k

Reactions: 1 person
Our only real homer is "money" Bert Bertlekamp the only VFL on the radio wish we could get Pat Ryan more involved in football games then we would have one in each sport

Reactions: 3 people
South Carolinas radio announcers were homers

Not were, are. They are extremely biased here, I mean that is their team but in the 6 years I've been here I can't think of one time they didn't predict a win and say repeatedly how much better they are than the opponent.

Loved John Ward, listened to him for thirty years, wont be another I want a JWard 2015 version that is off the chart good and off the charts all Vol , that helps the university with its PR its image and its recruiting, and who helps CBJ ignite the fanbase into a crazed frenzy that is nothing short of dangerous!!!!
John was special!

Bob is a homer. H just can't get any of the fats of the game correct. I don't necessarily want a homer, I would rather have someone who lets the listeners know what is happening at the ballgame. It would be better if he/she was a Tennessee supporter. I didn't say fan because we all know some of our fans seem to hate Tennessee.

We talking bout radio? We aint even talking about watching the game... We talking bout radio?

To be honest I may listen to the broadcast 2 games a year. Bob is not as bad as everyone let's on.

Honestly, one of the reasons I loved John Ward is that he didn't fit this description at all. Georgia's announcer Larry Munson precisely fit this description and I couldn't stand listening to him, even when I was rooting for UGA (e.g. vs Florida).

John Ward >>>> Larry Munson

Reactions: 5 people

You want Georgia's announcers?

I would just settle for someone that can actually pronounced the players names and than can actually describle what they are seeing on the field.

I get your point about a homer. But I personally get disgusted listening to other teams homers. I prefer a more realistic approach. Except when the other team is better. But don't mock them when our team is clearly better. Sportsmanship should always come first. If your idea of a homer has sportsmanship then I'm all in. But no Big eared Bama type homers. Like Fine blubber.

VN Store

Back