For anyone thinking Butch does not deserve a raise! (Facts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey1210

Below is a comparison of SEC coaches that will show you a little comparison of Value per coach on (REVENUE ONLY FOR TICKET SALES). Please feel free to tear it apart but numbers don't lie. Again this is not based on wins or losses just money which most AD's look at from time to time.

Coaching Salary Compaired to ticket sales of average attendance per game for 8 home games and avg of $60 per ticket.

Head Coach School Salary/ticket sales
1.Nick Saban Alabama $5.62 mil/48.6 mil
2.Kevin Sumlin Texas A&M $5 mil/50.1 mil
3.Les Miles LSU $4.3 mil/48.7 Mil
4.Steve Spurrier South Carolina $4.0 mil/39.7 Mil
5.Gus Malzahn Auburn $3.85 mil/41.9 mil
6.Bret Bielema Arkansas $3.2 mil/31.7 mil
7.Mark Richt Georgia $3.2 mil/44.5/mil
8.Gary Pinkel Missouri $3.1 mil/29.9 mil
9.Hugh Freeze Ole Miss $3.0 mil/30.7
10.Will Muschamp Florida $3.0 mil/40.6
11.Butch Jones Tennessee $3.0 mil/48.5 mil
12.Dan Mullen Mississippi State $2.65 mil/35.7 mil
13.Derek Mason Vandy $2.25 mil/17.1 mil
14.Mark Stoops Kentucky $2.2 mil/25.5 mil

So with these numbers here are the most profiting coaches per ticket sales in order from best value to worst.

1.Kevin Sumlin Texas A&M $5 mil/50.1 mil=45.6 mil
2.Butch Jones Tennessee $3.0 mil/48.5 mil=45.5 mil
3.Les Miles LSU $4.3 mil/48.7 Mil=44.4 mil
4.Nick Saban Alabama $5.62 mil/48.6 mil=42.9 mil
5.Mark Richt Georgia $3.2 mil/44.5/mil=41.3 mil
6.Gus Malzahn Auburn $3.85 mil/41.9 mil=38.0 mil
7.Will Muschamp Florida $3.0 mil/40.6=37.7 mil
8.Steve Spurrier South Carolina $4.0 mil/39.7 Mil=35.7 mil
9.Dan Mullen Mississippi State $2.65 mil/35.7 mil=33.0 mil
10.Bret Bielema Arkansas $3.2 mil/31.7 mil
11.Hugh Freeze Ole Miss $3.0 mil/30.7=28.5 mil
12.Gary Pinkel Missouri $3.1 mil/29.9 mil-26.8 mil
13.Mark Stoops Kentucky $2.2 mil/25.5 mil=23.27 mil
14.Derek Mason Vandy $2.25 mil/17.1 mil=14.8 mil

2012 Derek Dooley
2.0 mil/43.1 mil/41.1mil =Still went off $60 dollar avg. and should have went off $50 due to ticket price increase.

Butch Jones is making the University 4.4 mil more per year just off ticket sales alone!

This obviously does not take into account money for coaching pool, bowl money, consession sales or apperal sales. Dave Hart's job is to make sure we are making money. Butch Jones could stand to make 4.0 per year and still be the second best value in the SEC per revenue on ticket sales alone. So tell me again why he does not deserve a raise?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Reactions: 31 people
Same ones who don't think he deserves a raise will be the same ones crying when he leaves for Michigan.

Reactions: 6 people
So, in other words, UT is making alot of money putting out an inferior product, so the folks responsible should get raises? Good point.

Reactions: 23 people
Ummm, UT would have a lot of fans regardless of the coach. They just stopped coming at the end of the Dooley era. He has gotten the fanbase enthusiastic again, which is a feat, but these numbers don't show that.

Reactions: 3 people
On field results should weigh heavier than ticket sales when it comes to raises and extensions. Without a jump in on field results next year those numbers will go down, Dave Hart may paint himself into a corner here if he gives a huge raise and extension. Example of jumping too soon Brady Hoke 10-2 first year got extended and went down hill quickly. So the results arent there to back an extension, a raise maybe but I would stay away from contract years and buyout terms until things are certain that he will survive here.

Reactions: 7 people
Pinkels salary is too low for what he's doing at Mizzou.

Masons is too high for what he's doing at Vandy.

That's what I gathered from your essay.

Reactions: 8 people
Same ones who don't think he deserves a raise will be the same ones crying when he leaves for Michigan.

Butch Jones isn't going to Michigan, I don't believe "football scoop" for one minute that he was even contacted by Michigan. Based on his comments after the Vandy game it wouldnt surprise me if he had his agent call football scoop to spew this crap to get a raise and extension. I support Butch Jones and I think he will do well here if given time but he hasnt done anything outside of recruiting to deserve a raise or extension.

Reactions: 8 people
So, in other words, UT is making alot of money putting out an inferior product, so the folks responsible should get raises? Good point.

Not as inferior as it has been the last 4 years. That's why they are getting slight raises. If you can't understand that then that's fine, but as least have the decency to shut the **** up about it.

Reactions: 17 people
Below is a comparison of SEC coaches that will show you a little comparison of Value per coach on (REVENUE ONLY FOR TICKET SALES). Please feel free to tear it apart but numbers don't lie. Again this is not based on wins or losses just money which most AD's look at from time to time.

Coaching Salary Compaired to ticket sales of average attendance per game for 8 home games and avg of $60 per ticket.

Head Coach School Salary/ticket sales
1.Nick Saban Alabama $5.62 mil/48.6 mil
2.Kevin Sumlin Texas A&M $5 mil/50.1 mil
3.Les Miles LSU $4.3 mil/48.7 Mil
4.Steve Spurrier South Carolina $4.0 mil/39.7 Mil
5.Gus Malzahn Auburn $3.85 mil/41.9 mil
6.Bret Bielema Arkansas $3.2 mil/31.7 mil
7.Mark Richt Georgia $3.2 mil/44.5/mil
8.Gary Pinkel Missouri $3.1 mil/29.9 mil
9.Hugh Freeze Ole Miss $3.0 mil/30.7
10.Will Muschamp Florida $3.0 mil/40.6
11.Butch Jones Tennessee $3.0 mil/48.5 mil
12.Dan Mullen Mississippi State $2.65 mil/35.7 mil
13.Derek Mason Vandy $2.25 mil/17.1 mil
14.Mark Stoops Kentucky $2.2 mil/25.5 mil

So with these numbers here are the most profiting coaches per ticket sales in order from best value to worst.

1.Kevin Sumlin Texas A&M $5 mil/50.1 mil=45.6 mil
2.Butch Jones Tennessee $3.0 mil/48.5 mil=45.5 mil
3.Les Miles LSU $4.3 mil/48.7 Mil=44.4 mil
4.Nick Saban Alabama $5.62 mil/48.6 mil=42.9 mil
5.Mark Richt Georgia $3.2 mil/44.5/mil=41.3 mil
6.Gus Malzahn Auburn $3.85 mil/41.9 mil=38.0 mil
7.Will Muschamp Florida $3.0 mil/40.6=37.7 mil
8.Steve Spurrier South Carolina $4.0 mil/39.7 Mil=35.7 mil
9.Dan Mullen Mississippi State $2.65 mil/35.7 mil=33.0 mil
10.Bret Bielema Arkansas $3.2 mil/31.7 mil
11.Hugh Freeze Ole Miss $3.0 mil/30.7=28.5 mil
12.Gary Pinkel Missouri $3.1 mil/29.9 mil-26.8 mil
13.Mark Stoops Kentucky $2.2 mil/25.5 mil=23.27 mil
14.Derek Mason Vandy $2.25 mil/17.1 mil=14.8 mil

2012 Derek Dooley
2.0 mil/43.1 mil/41.1mil =Still went off $60 dollar avg. and should have went off $50 due to ticket price increase.

Butch Jones is making the University 4.4 mil more per year just off ticket sales alone!

This obviously does not take into account money for coaching pool, bowl money, consession sales or apperal sales. Dave Hart's job is to make sure we are making money. Butch Jones could stand to make 4.0 per year and still be the second best value in the SEC per revenue on ticket sales alone. So tell me again why he does not deserve a raise?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I think Butch deserves a raise as does some of the other staff members but your case that the other coaches make this, so he should has holes all over it. All of these coaches did win or are winning more than 6 games with the exception of two that are paid less than him. He deserves a raise because of recruiting and the strides he's made in turning around the losing culture here. Nobody deserves money just because everybody else is getting it. That's the problem with our entitlement society today.

Butch Jones isn't going to Michigan, I don't believe "football scoop" for one minute that he was even contacted by Michigan. Based on his comments after the Vandy game it wouldnt surprise me if he had his agent call football scoop to spew this crap to get a raise and extension. I support Butch Jones and I think he will do well here if given time but he hasnt done anything outside of recruiting to deserve a raise or extension.

You know, except get us to a bowl game with a depleted team, a slew of injuries, with no line on either side and a bunch of freshman.

Reactions: 4 people
Butch doesn't deserve a raise until he goes 15-0 including a win over the Titans because we're TENNESSEE BAH GAWD

Reactions: 12 people

Not only that Texas am n tn both hold over a 100k which impacts totals but wait.

Isn't it funny that coaches r hired to win but VN uses that has the last part of the equation

Reactions: 4 people
Obviously some of you have never been in a managment role. See here is the thing, the bottom line is revenue. I can assure you that as long as he is making this Univirsity more money every year he will have his job. Now if the on the field results create less fans attending games then he is no longer an asset in the revenue area. College football is big business people and Dave Hart is running it like a big business. If I have a sales rep that is making my company more profit than any other sales rep in the industry I had better pay him better or a competitor will! On the field results will ultimately win out but right now Hart is a betting man and he is betting on Butch Jones stock to continue to rise.

Reactions: 2 people
You know, except get us to a bowl game with a depleted team, a slew of injuries, with no line on either side and a bunch of freshman.

Thats why he has a bowl bonus, I have a feeling Hart is going to marry the university to a coach that we havent been dating that long.

* Things are moving in the right direction.
* Other schools can see what Butch has done here.
* In a free market system talent demands a competitive salary.
* If we don't pay Butch a competitive salary, someone else will.
* A reasonable raise and extension is our best option currently, and it is Butch's best option.

Not sure why this seems controversial in the least.

Reactions: 9 people
Thats why he has a bowl bonus, I have a feeling Hart is going to marry the university to a coach that we havent been dating that long.

I doubt he gets any significant extension if he even gets one at all. I guess from my point of view, he has us in a position that we haven't been in in a while and he got us there despite quite a bit of adversity. I'm fine with a slight increase in salary for him and CERTAIN staff members. Improvements can and should be made.

Exactly. If it were as easy as some think it is to win games, it wouldn't have been 4 years since our last bowl appearance. I think some fans think UT can automatically win 7 games just bc were TN. Also, people downplay butch's recruiting. Tradition and facilities mean nothing if you can't recruit. When TN was dominant in the 90s, we were dominant in recruiting. Butch deserves a raise simply based on his recruiting abilities. The wins will come.

I doubt he gets any significant extension if he even gets one at all. I guess from my point of view, he has us in a position that we haven't been in in a while and he got us there despite quite a bit of adversity. I'm fine with a slight increase in salary for him and CERTAIN staff members. Improvements can and should be made.

No problem with a raise, I just hope they stay away from extensions for now. You guys really dont believe that Jones was contacted by Michigan do you?

Reactions: 1 person
No problem with a raise, I just hope they stay away from extensions for now. You guys really dont believe that Jones was contacted by Michigan do you?

I don't think it's outside the the realm of possibility that they sent out feelers to gauge interest, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back