(not quite) Official Belk Bowl Thread - Tennessee vs Notre Dame (merged)

Steele has us going to the belk bowl playing against Duke.

I have no idea how we match up against them.

Liberty Bowl vs Texas...book it. Looking forward to some of those great ribs before the game and then afterwards some good burnt cow meat.

BelkBowlonTwitter_zpsfeeabf36.png

Whats ole Butch up too?

Reactions: 3 people
Belk Bowl @belkbowl · 7m 7 minutes ago

@SBNRecruiting @wesrucker247 - don't believe a word they are saying...

The last team in the country I'd want the Vols to play in a bowl game is one coached by Cutcliffe. This is still a young team and playing Cut would add a lot of expectation as well as the whole ghost of Fulmer thing. Were we to lose, then it would add unneeded pressure. Expectations are high and we have some momentum heading towards 2015.

Reactions: 3 people
The attendance is key ..If I am not mistaken this is the last year of the Belk sponsorship and the powers to be will give them a sell out type matchup..Cinci has been in it 2 years in a row with Duke in it 2 years ago (and they have had 15K plus empty seats). You have to look at what match up will push 60K for Belk..Ark to Liberty makes since to drive sales and Louisville to Music City as ticket driver makes sense..Tenn in Carolina makes the most sense for the bowl that needs the biggest ticket boost near the end of a sponsor deal

I bet Rocky Reid wants us to play in the Belk Bowl so he can rep the Vols wearing all his orange in his home state. Go Vols!

I live in charlotte...we will pack out panthers stadium if we get in here...i want no part of playing duke tho. Hope its unc or ncstate.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back