Vandy fires OC after one year on the job

agent|orange

Yet people here are saying that, after 2 years of finishing 95/125 and then 78/125, it's unjust to be a little miffed at Bajakian?

What's the difference in the years? No real difference in yards per play between the 2. We just ran more plays this year and therefore got more yards.

We finished 115/125 in 2014 (4.8ypp) based on Offensive yards per play after being at 87/125 in 2013 (5.3).

Vandy's just fired OC was 119/125 and 4.7ypp.

It's not good enough for Vandy in the first year, but it's good enough for UT in the 2nd.

Reactions: 7 people
Get this Candy stuff off the Vol Football board and move it to "Around the NCAA" lol! :bad:

Reactions: 34 people
vqeznhY.gif

Dis gonna b gud

Reactions: 10 people
I am surprised you're not an AD at a major college program with how you look at all TWO stats to make your informed decision.

Reactions: 13 people
I should point out, in case it isn't obviouis, that in terms of yards per play on offense... we regressed.

We regressed.

And people are happy.

Reactions: 6 people
Weird, seems the actual post is about Tennessee.

Maybe it would help to read the content instead of just title grazing, eh?

You talked about Vandy in the message too. Coach Jake isn't getting fired and he shouldn't be based on anything compared to Candy. You must think Bajakian can make chicken salad out of chicken #X%@. His hands are tied behind his back due to a pitiful OL and lack of playmaker depth... are you serious?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Yet people here are saying that, after 2 years of finishing 95/125 and then 78/125, it's unjust to be a little miffed at Bajakian?

What's the difference in the years? No real difference in yards per play between the 2. We just ran more plays this year and therefore got more yards.

We finished 115/125 in 2014 (4.8ypp) based on Offensive yards per play after being at 87/125 in 2013 (5.3).

It's not good enough for Vandy in the first year, but it's good enough for UT in the 2nd.

well....let's see....last year the Vols had no real weapons at wr.....the Rbs were pedestrian even behind a quality line....starting QB was injured midway through the season and a true freshman came in.....

this year the Oline is weaker than wet toilet paper.....we have one rb that's a true FR....numerous injuries at wr throughout the season...throw in the lost yardage on the 400 sacks and I'd say that about sums up the offense

I'm not a Bajakian fan by any means, but he's been working with some severe limitations.

Reactions: 26 people

The difference between us not firing Jake and Vandy firing their OC, is that Derek Mason is already on the hot seat and is already having to resort to desperate measures. Continuity of staff is way better at this point in time than any amount of better playcalling would be.

Reactions: 20 people
I should point out, in case it isn't obviouis, that in terms of yards per play on offense... we regressed.

We regressed.

And people are happy.

Post less....watch more football.....have the kid from next door come over and explain what a sack is and how it affects your offensive totals

Reactions: 39 people
Another note, just to be fair and balanced:

Tennessee played 4 of the Top 10 teams in terms of Yards Per Play allowed on Defense (Florida, Mizzou, Mississippi, Alabama). Georgia was 19, Oklahoma was 29.

Fire Bajakian because yards per play is all that matters. Vanderbilt was 120th in scoring. Besides that who cares what Vandy does. The OC is a scape goat for Derek Mason being a horrible HC.

Reactions: 3 people
seems to read why cant we follow Vanderbilts lead . Mods please merge with all the other I think we should fire somebody threads .

Reactions: 1 person
If you can't see that TN is on the upswing and Vandy is on the downswing, then you sir (and I mean this sincerely) are a RETARD!!! :neener:

Reactions: 8 people

We regressed.

And people are happy.

Have you seen the line that we have??? ****ing Manning with Demarco Murray and Megatron would struggle behind it. What in the hell is so hard to understand about football, if you have a HORRIBLE line then guess what you just won't be very good. Had his been butchs fault id be right there with you, but he inherited the mess at line. It's not like a skill position where you can sign a guy to play right away. Unless you get a guy like Drew Richmond then they take time to develop and grow.

Reactions: 6 people
Post less....watch more football.....have the kid from next door come over and explain what a sack is and how it affects your offensive totals

So you're saying that when we have a weak OL the best course of action is to have our QB stand in the pocket?

No designed roll-outs? No short yardage passes? Oh, lets just run 15 WR screens where 1 blocker is accounting for 2 defenders.

Or perhaps lets run 20 yard out routes our QB can't hit.

Yeah, you're right, I should just be content with a regressing Offense.

Reactions: 5 people

We regressed.

And people are happy.

You miss all the starters we've had hurt on offense?

So you're saying that when we have a weak OL the best course of action is to have our QB stand in the pocket?

No designed roll-outs? No short yardage passes? Oh, lets just run 15 WR screens where 1 blocker is accounting for 2 defenders.

Or perhaps lets run 20 yard out routes our QB can't hit.

Yeah, you're right, I should just be content with a regressing Offense.

What are you doing later? If you're not busy, why don't you give Bajakian a call and give him a few pointers?

Reactions: 2 people

Offensive play calling is severely limited when the defensive line is in your backfield even before your o-line is out of its stance on every other play.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back