Will UT replace UAB with another cupcake

1standgoal

Will UT replace UAB with another cupcake or are they confident enough to play someone of significance opening the 2015 season?

Wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton had Florida State scheduled as the alternate! :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I hope. Our league is brutal and nobody else is running to play a big named, highly ranked opponent. We have the Sooners already. Schedule sisters of the blind.

Reactions: 6 people
Ummm yes. WTF else do you expect them to do?

How many powerhouse programs do you think have holes in the non conference schedules that opening week? Second question is why in the hell should a rebuilding program go for yet another year where we have one of the hardest schedules in the country?

Reactions: 6 people
Very difficult to find an opponent, this late in the process. Schedules are made several years out.

I expect a game against a Tennessee school. AP, MTSU, Martin.

Reactions: 2 people
Very difficult to find an opponent, this late in the process. Schedules are made several years out.

Fine by me sharing the wealth with a smaller in state school. Keep the money in state if you can.

Reactions: 10 people
We just need someone we can beat to get off to a good start with the schedule we have to play. It will be huge to get off to a hot start next year, and 0-1 would not help that cause.

We just need someone we can beat to get off to a good start with the schedule we have to play. It will be huge to get off to a hot start next year, and 0-1 would not help that cause.

I see what you're saying but we've started 1-0 the past 6 seasons and it hasn't meant that much.

If UT can't play UAB, then schedule an in-state school and keep the money in-state.

Reactions: 2 people
I see them probably scheduling one of UAB's other OOC teams they were going to play if they can make it work.

I see what you're saying but we've started 1-0 the past 6 seasons and it hasn't meant that much.

If UT can't play UAB, then schedule an in-state school and keep the money in-state.

Yeah good point. But with us having a better team next year and having a chance to compete in the east, we need a quick start.
I agree though just stay in state if we can

What about ETSU? They start in 2015.

It would be a slaughter but it would be great exposure for them.

I honestly do not think that would be a good idea. It could get some people hurt. ETSU's first game is against another program's brand new football team at Science Hill high school. That is a huge leap from that to the Vols as your new football program's first game. UT would obliterate ETSU's team and I think some people could be injured. Maybe in a few years.

I honestly do not think that would be a good idea. It could get some people hurt. ETSU's first game is against another program's brand new football team at Science Hill high school. That is a huge leap from that to the Vols as your new football program's first game. UT would obliterate ETSU's team and I think some people could be injured. Maybe in a few years.

I think Tennessee would respect ETSU being a first year program and play clean.

Middle Tennessee, UT has feasted on Sun Belt and Conference USA teams in the past.

If it's 100% up to UT then a cupcake is the easy, and probably only, call.

Not sure if it matters that it was a "neutral" site game.

We already have WCU, so isn't an FCS school out of the question?

UAB effects 11 other teams too. I would guess it could possibly be one of those teams?

VN Store

Back