A Volnation question ......

Big Orange 1

Suppose we go 12-0 in the regular season next year. We go to the SECCG and beat Alabama for the second time in one year. We go to the playoff and shut out our first round opponent. In the NC game, we trail most of the game get a fumble and win the NC on a last second field goal.

What will be the number #1 gripe on VN?

Seriously, save the Florida game, we won every game we were supposed to this year. The sky was falling a week ago because we were supposed to beat a 10 win back-to-back SECE champion by thirty last week.

Reactions: 3 people
Suppose we go 12-0 in the regular season next year. We go to the SECCG and beat Alabama for the second time in one year. We go to the playoff and shut out our first round opponent. In the NC game, we trail most of the game get a fumble and win the NC on a last second field goal.

Seriously, save the Florida game, we won every game we were supposed to this year. The sky was falling a week ago because we were supposed to beat a 10 win back-to-back SECE champion by thirty last week.

Probably the threads started by fans complaining about other fans for giving their opinion.

Reactions: 8 people
This will be fun. It's tough to think as negative as the experts on here but I'll try. Here's a few predicted posts:
We should have passed more in the Nc, Butch is too conservative, he'll never win another Nc. We got lucky.

Butch rumored to be accepting Notre Dame job.

Fire someone, we won the NC despite _____________ (insert position coach here).

How's that for a stab in the dark?

Reactions: 2 people
This will be fun. It's tough to think as negative as the experts on here but I'll try. Here's a few predicted posts:
We should have passed more in the Nc, Butch is too conservative, he'll never win another Nc. We got lucky.

Thats a start, how about. Bob Kesling didnt get excited enough about the gw field goal. Or this one for sure "dont get me wrong I love the big orange and are proud we won the NC, but I just wish we would open up our offense more."

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, what about this time honored classic on here:
I know that I said the whole staff were idiots and second rate a week ago, but why do people that offer up opinions on a forum get attacked?

here's one -

Sure we just won the nat'l championship but if you think butch jones is the guy to win it
2 years in a row you're delusional.

The negavols would still have a field day. We only beat Bama by 13, in the SECC gave up too may yard passing in the 4th quarter playing a defense composed of 11 true freshmen, called the wrong play even though it went for 43 yrs and a TD, receivers dropped a pass that should have gone for a first down, CBJ should be fired because his last recruiting class was only ranked #2 in the Nation, etc.

I love how all the posters on here that throw around the NegaVol crap think that everything that has happened this year is exactly like it should have been. Call me one if you want, but I have been to all the home games the last 3 years and travel over 500 miles for every game and spent a lot of money and enjoyed the most part of it, and have went to countless games throughout my life. I have not and am not looking for us to get rid of any coach. I know what we have been through and how depleted we have been.

That being said, I am not sold on our coaching staff at this time. YES, they have done a tremendous job recruiting and rebuilding our roster. YES, they have done a great job in bringing discipline to the program. YES, they have brought a fight back to the players and a beatdown fan base.

Bottom line is winning. We won some very ugly games and I will take them, for now, a win is a win. But the staff, to me, looks like the make a plan (which has seldom looked good), and sticks with it, and makes very few adjustments in the game. When our opponents change up, is usually when we lose ground. They MUST bet better at in game coaching and studying our competition.

I really like CBJ and the energy he brings, just needs to step up and get it done. No reason we should have lost to Florida and Georgia could have went either way (just like it did). SC shouldn't have been that tough and still think we could have beat Mizzou. Definitely should have not looked as bad as we did against candy. I know they always get up for us, but come on, study the Temple video or Miss St from the week before and use some of it. Just hoping for more from the staff.

Not to interrupt your temper tantrum but we did not win every game we were supposed to. We were favorites to beat UF and Mizzou at home, interesting stat Jones is 1-5 at home against SEC opponents he's favored to beat. And I'm a jones supporter just a few things that concern me.

We Sunshine Pumpers must realize that some simply do not pack the gear to deal with the "process" in a rational manner. Those that can't will tag along anyway, kicking and screaming all the way.:)

I love how all the posters on here that throw around the NegaVol crap think that everything that has happened this year is exactly like it should have been. Call me one if you want, but I have been to all the home games the last 3 years and travel over 500 miles for every game and spent a lot of money and enjoyed the most part of it, and have went to countless games throughout my life. I have not and am not looking for us to get rid of any coach. I know what we have been through and how depleted we have been.

That being said, I am not sold on our coaching staff at this time. YES, they have done a tremendous job recruiting and rebuilding our roster. YES, they have done a great job in bringing discipline to the program. YES, they have brought a fight back to the players and a beatdown fan base.

Bottom line is winning. We won some very ugly games and I will take them, for now, a win is a win. But the staff, to me, looks like the make a plan (which has seldom looked good), and sticks with it, and makes very few adjustments in the game. When our opponents change up, is usually when we lose ground. They MUST bet better at in game coaching and studying our competition.

I really like CBJ and the energy he brings, just needs to step up and get it done. No reason we should have lost to Florida and Georgia could have went either way (just like it did). SC shouldn't have been that tough and still think we could have beat Mizzou. Definitely should have not looked as bad as we did against candy. I know they always get up for us, but come on, study the Temple video or Miss St from the week before and use some of it. Just hoping for more from the staff.

Agree with most of what you said.How ever listen to Brian Randolphs post game interviews. It's very telling on our defensive staffs ability to adjust during the game.He was ask about the TE from Vandy making catches early in the game and said Jancek switched coverages mid game from a cover 3 to cover 4 to combat VU te.Interesting interview.I also think the longer this staff coaches in this league the better our schemes and play calling will be.Still wish we would line a big Ole fb up in front of Hurd and let him have 20 or 30 student body left and right sweeps.:)

Last edited:

Not having roddo518 avi's phone #!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

How about this:

"I can't belive Hurd isn't a TE, he's too tall to be an RB!"

They should've worn the Grey Uniforms for the NC game.
Butch doesn't get it."

Uncanny. :salute:

Agree with most of what you said.How ever listen to Brian Randolphs post game interviews. It's very telling on our defensive staffs ability to adjust during the game.He was ask about the TE from Vandy making catches early in the game and said Jancek switched coverages mid game from a cover 3 to cover 4 to combat VU te.Interesting interview.I also think the longer this staff coaches in this league the better our schemes and play calling will be.Still wish we would line a big Ole fb up in front of Hurd and let him have 20 or 30 student body left and right sweeps.:)

Hey its ok to throw the freshman offensive linemen under the bus and refer to our 2nd team players as "no depth" but don't question or doubt the staff in any phase of the game. I think the players made the bowl game overcoming multiple injuries, suspensions while carrying the staff on their backs. Hats off to them!

VN Store

Back