The SEC east is still decllining

1standgoal

The SEC east is still declining in comparison to the west side of the conference. The east conference champion Missouri had to come from behind to beat the worst team from the west Arkansas. Traditional powerhouses like Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee have lost their dominance in the conference. With Arkansas and both Mississippi schools improving, and traditional powers Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, and LSU, the west side of the conference is definitely the stronger side of the SEC.

Last edited:
The SEC east is still declining in comparison to the west side of the conference. The east conference champion Missouri had to come from behind to beat the worst team from the west Arkansas. Traditional powerhouses like Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee have lost their dominance in the conference. With Arkansas and both Mississippi schools improving, and traditional powers Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, and LSU, the west side of the conference is definitely the stronger side of the SEC.

Missouri is probably the 5-6th best team in the conference and won the East and that is hard to believe.

Reactions: 1 person
Missouri is probably the 5-6th best team in the conference and won the East and that is hard to believe.
Only because Georgia did what they normally do. Drop a game or two they shouldn't. Missouri is solid also. They just don't beat themselves very often.

Reactions: 2 people
I think by 2016 UT will be perennial SEC E favorites. Depending on who UF hires they will be back to their normal ways and SEC e favorites. I think West had a strange year and you will see Miss St. and Ole Miss decline next year. I wish we had them on our schedule instead of Ark. Basically next year will have Bama, Auburn, LSU on top of SEC W, Ark will be 4th team. In East, will probably be UT, Georgia, UF. I think Mizzou will finally be down as they lose a lot and Vanderbilt, USCe and Kentucky will still be down. USCe is a big question mark because of QB.

As for Arkansas, they are middle of SEC W at end of season. I would actually say they were 3rd or 4th best at end of season. Shutout LSU and Ole Miss... I think they would have beaten Miss St if they played again.

South Carolina a "traditional" power? Did I miss something?

Reactions: 1 person
Only because Georgia did what they normally do. Drop a game or two they shouldn't. Missouri is solid also. They just don't beat themselves very often.

Richt has done less with talent than anyone in the league. With the talent on thus years team, GA should be a top 5 team.

Richt has done less with talent than anyone in the league. With the talent on thus years team, GA should be a top 5 team.
Seems that is the case most years with them. Their QB just couldn't hit the passes at times. Their defense played soft at times as well. Still though they win 9-10 games a year, and the fahr Richt crowd better be careful what they wish for.. May find themselves in our shoes..

One of these is not like the others....

Richt is where Fulmer was around 04 and he doesn't have the NC equity.
If UT and UF bounce back I could see UGA having a .500 losing season and CMR getting the boot.

Seems that is the case most years with them. Their QB just couldn't hit the passes at times. Their defense played soft at times as well. Still though they win 9-10 games a year, and the fahr Richt crowd better be careful what they wish for.. May find themselves in our shoes..

I agree I would give anything for a Fulmer 8-9 win season right now. Richt may never win it all but at least his teams compete for the East title year in and year out.

I think by 2016 UT will be perennial SEC E favorites. Depending on who UF hires they will be back to their normal ways and SEC e favorites. I think West had a strange year and you will see Miss St. and Ole Miss decline next year. I wish we had them on our schedule instead of Ark. Basically next year will have Bama, Auburn, LSU on top of SEC W, Ark will be 4th team. In East, will probably be UT, Georgia, UF. I think Mizzou will finally be down as they lose a lot and Vanderbilt, USCe and Kentucky will still be down. USCe is a big question mark because of QB.

As for Arkansas, they are middle of SEC W at end of season. I would actually say they were 3rd or 4th best at end of season. Shutout LSU and Ole Miss... I think they would have beaten Miss St if they played again.

If UF hires Mullen or Kiffin, I'm afraid it will be a long decade for us UT fans. It still ticks me off considerably that we couldn't beat the worst UF teams ('13 & '14) in probably 30 years.

Florida will make a big hire. Just wait... UT showed them what will happen, and they wont make that mistake.

If UF hires Mullen or Kiffin, I'm afraid it will be a long decade for us UT fans. It still ticks me off considerably that we couldn't beat the worst UF teams ('13 & '14) in probably 30 years.

I think Florida will be trying to hire an NFL assistant or castoff. Word with Florida fans is that they don't want Mullen because of his connections with Urban Meyer. Lame Kiffin sucks as a head coach and doesn't scare me. USC is as good if not better job than Florida and he screwed that up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back