Do we have any coaching changes?

JimVol

Position or Coordinator during the offseason or even before the bowl game?

Lots of people have called for Coach Jake to go... I think he stays for next year at least. But you never know.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

I hope we have another year with no coaching turner. Stability is great for a program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I'm still not sold on the O Coordinators because they don't have people in to make plays.

Last season people said D People sucked. They're doing much better now that the depth starting improving. Just waiting for O to do the same.

Besides, CBJ is fanatically loyal to his coaches, he's drug them around with him for like a decade. I think a lot of big decisions are made as a group instead of just CBJ (though CBJ is "Da Boss")

Agree. I doubt we lose any, but if this offense doesn't show anything better than runs up the middle or lateral passes behind the line of scrimmage then CMB needs to go.

If so, bring back Kiffin (and Layla)...lol

Agree. I doubt we lose any, but if this offense doesn't show anything better than runs up the middle or lateral passes behind the line of scrimmage then CMB needs to go.

haha.

I was thinking, you know a blocked field goal is all it took for Bama to beat Tennessee in 2009, and that would have been all Kiffin if UT won. I wonder how the Bamatards would view him if that 1 player hand not blocked the field Goal.
:question:

And yes, Runs up the middle need to be less often, though I think the OLine is going to get their crap together.

I could see Azzani taking a promotion this year -- he was sought after last year by a few teams

The O line and offense in General are in shambles. Partly due to youth and injuries and partly due to scheme (including trying to learn it and not having the right players here to run it). I honestly don't see either showing much improvement next year for the same reasons. Not sure if a coaching change would help or not

We need atleast one more year of stability. We do not want this team to be learning one more style of play!

Reactions: 2 people
Is Mahoney the guy to build an SEC caliber OL? Not sure after 2 years

Bajakian gets a pass this year based on above

Is Mahoney the guy to build an SEC caliber OL? Not sure after 2 years

Bajakian gets a pass this year based on above

He's had a big ol turd sandwich to work with... Let's give home a little time.

Stability= success in this league.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see Azzani taking a promotion this year -- he was sought after last year by a few teams

The O line and offense in General are in shambles. Partly due to youth and injuries and partly due to scheme (including trying to learn it and not having the right players here to run it). I honestly don't see either showing much improvement next year for the same reasons. Not sure if a coaching change would help or not

He did say all the coaches built houses close to each other...we will have to wait and see, I think they stay another year because when you have special teams playing the way they are shows depth and talent to coming.

I really don't understand the "stability" of coaches. Look at Bama. How many OC's have they had in the past 5 years?

"Stability" is good when players attach themselves to coach and might leave. Also, co if there is not a better option out there you stick with your same coaches.

But I really think there is a better option out there.

Only changes might be OL coach and strength coach but I think CBJ sticks with his crew. I'm happy because he surpassed my expectations.

We played with half our starters out with injuries, or suspension. If all those players were playing, you'd see a much different game. I think we were lucky to win and I'm proud of the fight the players showed.

We played with half our starters out with injuries, or suspension. If all those players were playing, you'd see a much different game. I think we were lucky to win and I'm proud of the fight the players showed.

This Vandy team lost bad to Temple.

Position or Coordinator during the offseason or even before the bowl game?

Lots of people have called for Coach Jake to go... I think he stays for next year at least. But you never know.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Only an idiot would call for a coaching change this year. I don't care who "lots of people are", they don't matter. Fortunately, smarter people are in charge of those decisions and not the loud mouth kooks and keyboard geeks. Given time to get good players, this staff will develop players and have multiple options when making in game decisions and substitutions.

This Vandy team lost bad to Temple.

Didn't Vandy win 8 games last year? Maybe it was just 7 but this team is bad due to coaching. They played their guts out on their final game and became much better as the year went along. It was an ugly game for the Vols offense no doubt, but lets not throw Vandy under the bus.

Didn't Vandy win 8 games last year? Maybe it was just 7 but this team is bad due to coaching. They played their guts out on their final game and became much better as the year went along. It was an ugly game for the Vols offense no doubt, but lets not throw Vandy under the bus.

Im not sure there is any way to gloss it, they re pretty bad. They got waxed in the SEC this year by most everybody.

Did UT prolly get their best punch? Absolutely, but that team is pretty bad

I really don't understand the "stability" of coaches. Look at Bama. How many OC's have they had in the past 5 years?

"Stability" is good when players attach themselves to coach and might leave. Also, co if there is not a better option out there you stick with your same coaches.

But I really think there is a better option out there.

Huge difference between where Alabama is and where we are.

Yeah Kiffin will run off these mediocre QB commits and get us a NFL quality (Matt Simms) signalcaller inked up. :aggressive:

I am hoping no changes and you can not rate Mahoney on this season. Next season if Line sucks, then yes can start pointing fingers. There isn't an OL coach in the SEC who would have made this a good OL.

The only complaint I can see is they didn't try to pull a few more JC linemen just to roll the dice. Next year, they will have depth and an extra year in strength program, so no real excuses.

For running game, we only had Hurd as a semi-healthy RB this season. Lane injured all season, Scott injured all season, Paulo dismissed. It left us with Pickett as a backup.

We went through all season with 1 RB and a OT with and Achilles tear and 3 freshmen that played on the OL and somehow Mahoney is a big idiot and its all his fault.

VN Store

Back