Early look at 2015 Depth Chart.

Clockwork Orange

Early look at 2015 Depth Chart

Tell me this is not a 9 win team.
Our offensive line will be a hell of a lot better, our defense and offense will have more depth. More depth at skill positions. Only loss will be at LB losing AJ. But Bates and Maybin are more than capable.

JR- QB Josh Dobbs
SO - RB Jalen Hurd
JR- WR Marquez North
SO- WR- Josh Malone
SR- WR Pig Howard
SO - TE Ethan Wolf
JR- LT Dontavious Blair
SR -LG Marcus Jackson
SR - C Mack Crowder
SO -RG Jashon Robertson
SR - RT Kyler Kerbyson

SO - DE Derek Barnett
JR - DT Danny Obrien
FR - DT Kahil Mckenzie
SR - DE Curt Maggit
FR -LB Dillon Bates
JR- LB Jalen Reeves Maybin
JR - CB Cam Sutton
SO- CB Emmanuel Moseley
SO - NB Evan Berry
SO - FS Todd Kelly
SR - SS Brian Randolph

Reactions: 12 people
Early look at 2015 Depth Chart

Tell me this is not a 9 win team.
Our offensive line will be a hell of a lot better, our defense and offense will have more depth. More depth at skill positions. Only loss will be at LB losing AJ. But Bates and Maybin are more than capable.

JR- QB Josh Dobbs
SO - RB Jalen Hurd
JR- WR Marquez North
SO- WR- Josh Malone
SR- WR Pig Howard
SO - TE Ethan Wolf
JR- LT Dontavious Blair
SR -LG Marcus Jackson
SR - C Mack Crowder
SO -RG Jashon Robertson
SR - RT Kyler Kerbyson

SO - DE Derek Barnett
JR - DT Danny Obrien
FR - DT Kahil Mckenzie
SR - DE Curt Maggit
FR -LB Dillon Bates
JR- LB Jalen Reeves Maybin
JR - CB Cam Sutton
SO- CB Emmanuel Moseley
SO - NB Evan Berry
SO - FS Todd Kelly
SR - SS Brian Randolph

Johnson doesn't start at LB for you? Bates better be a Freshman All American with the playing time Johnson has gotten since AJ has been out...

5 last year, 6 this year, 7 next year. 8 wins next year if the OL is improved but I'm very concerned there.

Reactions: 2 people
Sheww...man there will still be a lot of youth in the two deep. By my count 10 out of 22 will be underclassmen.

You hav or think Maggitt will return?? I sure hope so he will be what AJ was this year minus the sexual assault

Johnson doesn't start at LB for you? Bates better be a Freshman All American with the playing time Johnson has gotten since AJ has been out...

Jacob Johnson wouldn't be on the field if Bates was healthy.
Johnson got pulled today and Bynum played rest of the way.
I think Bates will be ahead of Johnson.
McDowell may be impressive too.
Don't forget about Gavin Bryant also. He and Bates could both be ahead of Johnson.

Reactions: 2 people
You hav or think Maggitt will return?? I sure hope so he will be what AJ was this year minus the sexual assault

He will. These coaches and players love him along with fans. Curt will return. He wants to add to the 11 sacks he's had.

Ummm...Shy Tuttle...did something happen with him while I wasn't looking?

I just want us to actually compete for the east next year and not be out of the conversation by the middle of October.

Ok off topic a little..... When do the freshman who enroll early come in? Are the eligible to participate in bowl prep practice?

Ok off topic a little..... When do the freshman who enroll early come in? Are the eligible to participate in bowl prep practice?

The winter break for high school is mid December. School starts for college around the second week of January. So if they have enough credits to graduate high school in December, they should be able to enroll in January. The easiest way to think about it is to take the football out of it, and just think of them as students who graduated high school early.

Looks just like the 6 win team!

Lol, the offense is exactly the same and McKenzie and Bates are the only changes on D. I'm less,optimistic about next year. 7 wins is probably the max. @ UF, @ Bama, @ Mizzou, Arkansas will be much improved, and Mahoney is probably still coaching.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol, the offense is exactly the same and McKenzie and Bates are the only changes on D. I'm less,optimistic about next year. 7 wins is probably the max. @ UF, @ Bama, @ Mizzou, Arkansas will be much improved, and Mahoney is probably still coaching.

:sad:

The starting lineup isn't as important as depth IMO. Our starting lineup this year was competitive, but we were always an injury or two away from disaster. Every time I hear someone say we're "regressing" at [certain position group], I can't help but to notice that it's one of the position groups with little depth, and where we've had key injuries.

Today, we had no depth on the O-line. With the Hurd injury, we had virtually no running backs, either. And we're down quite a few in the WR corps, as well. Add the key defensive suspensions on top of that, and no surprise that we didn't look that great today.

I think in 2015, we finally start to have some reasonable depth across the board. We'll still be a bit thin on O-line and maybe even RB (though looking OK there right now with Kamara, Hurd, and Scott). May regress a bit at LB, as well with AJ Johnson leaving, but overall, I think we'll have a lot more options and we won't be one injury away from disaster. (However, that's assuming Nathan Peterman doesn't transfer. If he leaves, then we're still thin at QB.)

Reactions: 3 people
I don't really know why an off season leads most to believe our OL will be significantly improved.

Most of thm have been in the SC and Offensive system for 2 years. The players nor OL coach aren't just going to suddenly get better.

The starting lineup isn't as important as depth IMO. Our starting lineup this year was competitive, but we were always an injury or two away from disaster. Every time I hear someone say we're "regressing" at [certain position group], I can't help but to notice that it's one of the position groups with little depth, and where we've had key injuries.

Today, we had no depth on the O-line. With the Hurd injury, we had virtually no running backs, either. And we're down quite a few in the WR corps, as well. Add the key defensive suspensions on top of that, and no surprise that we didn't look that great today.

I think in 2015, we finally start to have some reasonable depth across the board. We'll still be a bit thin on O-line and maybe even RB (though looking OK there right now with Kamara, Hurd, and Scott). May regress a bit at LB, as well with AJ Johnson leaving, but overall, I think we'll have a lot more options and we won't be one injury away from disaster. (However, that's assuming Nathan Peterman doesn't transfer. If he leaves, then we're still thin at QB.)
We will lose against every team with Peterman playing.

VN Store

Back