If someone told you...

Johnny Majors' Ghost

Legionnaire of the Miserable
An SEC team would win 6 games and go bowling while replacing both offensive and defensive lines, playing the most freshmen in the country, and dealing with one of the most difficult schedules in the country. What would you think?

Reactions: 25 people
It would have to be TN only we have that much bad luck at one time lol...

BTW Dooley would have been 4-8 this season IMO....

Reactions: 7 people
They should've won the east?

Jk, really, this team has met the goal most on here set fourth, and that says a lot all things considered.

People are upset but this puts it into perspective. Good win and a bowl game for the good guys.

An SEC team would win 6 games and go bowling while replacing both offensive and defensive lines, playing the most freshmen in the country, and dealing with one of the most difficult schedules in the country. What would you think?

I would've thought: "Damn, that team has to be the Vols. Just their luck"

It would have to be TN only we have that much bad luck at one time lol...

BTW Dooley would have been 4-8 this season IMO....

Dooley would of for sure lost the SC game, and most likely would of found a way to lose tonights game.

Considering the obstacles, I give the staff as a whole a B+ for the season. Too many variables to realistically expect more than 6 wins. The sheer fact that the possibility of more was in play is admirable indeed.

Reactions: 1 person

Wouldn't buy it... hoping like hell it could happen... and pizz on the campfire when it did.

Just the nature of a Vol fan these days.

Also had only five Seniors on the two-deep depth chart (tied with Temple for the fewest in the nation), and dealt all year with numerous, significant injuries.

Go Vols!!!

The one thing I have seen with this team is , they do not stop playing hard for Butch like they did for Dooley. There is a big Orange storm on the way people. xx

...an SEC team had their most offensive yards with their 3rd string QB, against two SEC opponents, when they faced one FCS team, one team in the Sun Belt, and one team in the Moutain West Conference earlier in the year. What would you think?

I would've told that person that's pretty good for Vandy. If someone had told me to be happy for tn accomplishing that I'd have laughed.

Phrased another way... Had someone told you that there were about 5 winable games against Rivals and we only won one would you be happy. Had I told you that we were going to run a spread option offense but leave the one qb capable of running on the bench would you have been happy? Had I told you that after the season you'd say with out a doubt we have the most conservative coach in the NCAA would you be happy?

We've got some things to look forward to next year but we should never be satisfied with losing just about every single game of consequence and beating a terrible Vandy team to be become bowl eligible by one score

Reactions: 2 people
I would've told that person that's pretty good for Vandy. If someone had told me to be happy for tn accomplishing that I'd have laughed.

Phrased another way... Had someone told you that there were about 5 winable games against Rivals and we only won one would you be happy. Had I told you that we were going to run a spread option offense but leave the one qb capable of running on the bench would you have been happy? Had I told you that after the season you'd say with out a doubt we have the most conservative coach in the NCAA would you be happy?

We've got some things to look forward to next year but we should never be satisfied with losing just about every single game of consequence and beating a terrible Vandy team to be become bowl eligible by one score

Sweet mother of god...

Finally someone who knows college football...

I thought there was a Paul Finebaum bot on the loose in this forum for a minute...

Sweet mother of god...

Finally someone who knows college football...

I thought there was a Paul Finebaum bot on the loose in this forum for a minute...

HAHAHAHA! Yes, I guess like you, he knows college football, please bless us with all of your years as an FBS head coach the vast experience and what both of your coaching records combined are. You guys know enough to talk smack on a football forum. Just like the rest of us. So you know, having a team full of freshman, to have a plan to let them grow as players and young men, giving them confidence, having a long term plan while you recruit like crazy to bring more talent in isn't a plan to you. Butch has been asking the fanbase to be patient while he works his plan. Meanwhile, you guys are upset because he didn't work the plan you guys did in your coaching career. Brilliant. Just brilliant. I fully expect that all of us here on Volnation will see you on the sideline next year after you go in and sell your plan to Hart. :thud:

Considering the obstacles, I give the staff as a whole a B+ for the season. Too many variables to realistically expect more than 6 wins. The sheer fact that the possibility of more was in play is admirable indeed.

Wish you were one of my professors when I was in school. B+ = the 90 percentile. I'd like a grade like that going .500. Just sayin!

And lose the starting QB and all American LB.

If tonight's game had been a blowout, the whiners would not be whining. Bottom line the good guys won even though they didn't play as well as they could have. Like Coach said, they found a way to win the game. In the end that's all that matters. Very proud that this is my team.

And was a heartbeat away from being 8-4

We had a good year

I'd think Dooley must have left them without much depth....oh wait.....

If someone told you when we fired Fulmer that 6 years later we'd be celebrating a 6-6 season and our first bowl trip in 3 years what would you say?

I joined VN about that time and I can attest that there are very few whiners left to whine about. Expectations are low and realism is at an all time high. Rest easy if you fear rain clouds over the parade.

VN Store

Back