Another depth thread

led0321

It is hard to realize how shallow TN really is until you watch games like the Iron bowl. The skill talent and the lines of scrimmage are ridiculous for both teams depth wise.

Only 3 top 5 recruiting classes can do this or better.

Reactions: 2 people
You could really tell in our game that certain player being out was crippling. Hopefully they all heal up before the bowl game. And I hope AJ is innocent and back on the team.

Next year I expect to see Blair and Mosley starting on the O-line. Should help with depth issues and solidify the O-line.

JJ really looked like a freshman when he got burned on the long touchdown throw. He was 20 yards from the receiver he was suppose to cover. To be honest, I'm not sure AJ would have done any better on that play.

Next year I expect to see Blair and Mosley starting on the O-line. Should help with depth issues and solidify the O-line.

Blair, yes. Mosely, probably not. I hope to see Blair, Kendrick, Kerbs, Crowder, and Jackson start next year, with Sanders, Ray, Wiesman, and Mosely backing them up. Robertson and Thomas could then redshirt along with our 2015 recruits. I'd make Thomas the C for the future, and Robertson/Mosely would battle it out for the RG spot come 2016. I'd also sign 2-3 6'6" or bigger OTs in 2016. We have one already. I'd also try to recruit the best JuCo OT I could to provided some immediate depth at OT for 2016. But that's just me...

Blair, yes. Mosely, probably not. I hope to see Blair, Kendrick, Kerbs, Crowder, and Jackson start next year, with Sanders, Ray, Wiesman, and Mosely backing them up. Robertson and Thomas could then redshirt along with our 2015 recruits. I'd make Thomas the C for the future, and Robertson/Mosely would battle it out for the RG spot come 2016. I'd also sign 2-3 6'6" or bigger OTs in 2016. We have one already. I'd also try to recruit the best JuCo OT I could to provided some immediate depth at OT for 2016. But that's just me...

If Robertson was going to redshirt, then it would have been this year. He and Jackson are the two best guards on the team.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to believe how many snaps our guys played this year. It's like playing a full basketball season on a 6 man rotation. Some players who don't have a true backup are obviously not going to get much rest. Glad our boys powered through it. They deserve this bowl game. GBO!!!

JJ really looked like a freshman when he got burned on the long touchdown throw. He was 20 yards from the receiver he was suppose to cover. To be honest, I'm not sure AJ would have done any better on that play.

Not so sure that was really his man. Seems odd you would have a MLB running 30yds deep. It was more than likely a blown coverage over the top.

Reactions: 1 person
All the injuries have hurt so some depth will be well welcomed next year. Especially HB

If Robertson was going to redshirt, then it would have been this year. He and Jackson are the two best guards on the team.

Well Jackson was the 2nd best guard on the team when he was a freshman and he redshirted as a junior. So, your point really doesn't hold true. On top of that, Kerbs doesnt need to be at T next year, so he will move back inside.

Last edited:

Saw Mosley leaving the stadium tonight with his folks, he's slimmed down quite a bit and appears to be in much better shape than coming in. Walks with a noticeable limp, hopefully that leg heals up right.

Well Jackson was the 2nd best guard on the team when he was a freshman and he redshirted as a junior. So, your point really doesn't hold true. On top of that, Kerbs doesnt need to be at T next year, so he will move back inside.

That is a fair point but no one else on the current roster beat him out for the starting spot this year and it just seems unlikely the a true freshmen will be taking his spot next year. If one of the newcomers is better then good for them. I Just hope we can get back to the point where all of the frosh Oline redshirt because when they play it tylically means they were forced into action without being ready.

That is a fair point but no one else on the current roster beat him out for the starting spot this year and it just seems unlikely the a true freshmen will be taking his spot next year. If one of the newcomers is better then good for them. I Just hope we can get back to the point where all of the frosh Oline redshirt because when they play it tylically means they were forced into action without being ready.

I think we are there man in terms of redshirting freshman OL. All our freshman OL prospects should redshirt next year. I just think Kendrick and Blair need to be at the T spots next year, and Kerbs has to be starting at G IMO. Robertson is good, and he'll be needed badly in the future. 2016 and beyond should be our years to win. We really need to recruit some long OTs to play LT in the future. We will see what happens.

I agree it op with depth but no excuses on not winning 8 next yr minimum.

This is just like drool yr 3 no excuses to win.. minimum . Everyone else wins with a mixed roster n this staff better..

We made a bowl a..go vols

No injuries and this team can win 8+ no issues but the depth isn't there to have major injuries and expect to perform at the same level.

VN Store

Back