lets be real

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
I know it was an ugly win, but it was a win. This bowl bound team has fought through a lot of adversity. The seniors have been through one of the worse stretches of a college career. Most of our starters have never started, and we are missing several with injuries. Not to mention all the freshman! Oh yea, there is the whole losing the leading tackler in the sec. Yet, this team has fought, scratched, and held on to get our Tennessee Volunteers to a bowl game for the first time in years. I for one am proud of this team. Go big
Orange, and let's get this bowl win!

Reactions: 30 people
I know it was an ugly win, but it was a win. This bowl bound team has fought through a lot of adversity. The seniors have been through one of the worse stretches of a college career. Most of our starters have never started, and we are missing several with injuries. Not to mention all the freshman! Oh yea, there is the whole losing the leading tackler in the sec. Yet, this team has fought, scratched, and held on to get our Tennessee Volunteers to a bowl game for the first time in years. I for one am proud of this team. Go big

Amen.

Reactions: 5 people
Damn Right

Reactions: 2 people
Good post op. Hard enough that we start the most true freshman in the country. Even harder when you hardly have any upper class men to be leaders. Those young men have definitely learned so much this year and have grown up. Amazing that we are going bowling with such a young team and people are losing their minds.

I agree. Was hoping for a bigger win, but missing AJ, North, Hurd and a couple OL along with guys being banged up really exposed how thin we actually are. The dropoff from our starters to the backups is still huge. Hopefully next season this wont be the case. Hopefully we can heal up and play a mediocre team for our bowl to have a chance at 7-6.

Reactions: 1 person
Good post op. Hard enough that we start the most true freshman in the country. Even harder when you hardly have any upper class men to be leaders. Those young men have definitely learned so much this year and have grown up. Amazing that we are going bowling with such a young team and people are losing their minds.

I kept seeing posts asking about leadership, and after AJ its gone. Its all on a group of youngsters!

I'll take an ugly win over a loss anytime. It wasn't the rout that people on here were hoping for, but it was a win nonetheless. The goal at the beginning of the year was 6 wins and a bowl game, they got that.

I 100% agree. This was the goal before the season started and they did it and get the extra 15 practices which are key.

You guys keep referencing the loss of AJ and we stil pravailed but it wasn't the Defense that played so Sh#ty, it was our offense that could not move the ball against Vanderbilt. We have had no major personnel loses on Offense. This was bad coaching on Bajakan. His schemes may have worked in the MAC or where ever else he coached but it's not working in the SEC.....

You guys keep referencing the loss of AJ and we stil pravailed but it wasn't the Defense that played so Sh#ty, it was our offense that could not move the ball against Vanderbilt. We have had no major personnel loses on Offense. This was bad coaching on Bajakan. His schemes may have worked in the MAC or where ever else he coached but it's not working in the SEC.....

So we haven't 'loost' anyone significant on the offensive side of the ball? You sure?

Not since before South Carolina or Kentucky where we we put nearly 100 pts. What cha got??

We lost Crowder and North after UK. Lost Hurd for the game today. 2 of those are our top talents on offense. We had nobody in there at receiver, a center that can't get Dobbs the ball, and Lane at RB who appears to have lost interest in football. What depth chart have you been reading?

Why are we still behind South Carolina in the east when we finished with the same overall and sec record AND beat them head to head. And why in the world did Florida only play 11 games this year when the rest of the east played 12?

Why are we still behind South Carolina in the east when we finished with the same overall and sec record AND beat them head to head. And why in the world did Florida only play 11 games this year when the rest of the east played 12?

Florida chickened out of playing some cupcake after their game was postponed due to lightning.

The center, north, croom, hurd is what comes to my mind offhand, there are probably more.

North was a non factor South Carolina, and was out Kentucky where we put up 50pts. If u forget, Lane was our stating RB coming into the season with Scott/ Pickett in reserve this game with Hurd going out. Weisman has done a good job filling in for Cowder. Croom was actually dressed to play this game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back