I don't think some of you get it

qwerty

We replaced both lines, had a killer schedule, had crucial injuries, had the captain of the team get suspended, and we are going to a bowl game. Tonight was ugly and we limped through the finish line, but what do you expect when you have backup guards playing tackle.

Give Butch some time.

Reactions: 106 people
We replaced both lines, had a killer schedule, had crucial injuries, had the captain of the team get suspended, and we are going to a bowl game. Tonight was ugly and we limped through the finish line, but what do you expect when you have backup guards playing tackle.

Give Butch some time.

This! A lot of folks don't look at the big picture. GBO!!!

Reactions: 13 people

Give Butch some time.

I don't think you get it. The worst vandy team in modern history just went toe to toe with us for 4 quarters.

Reactions: 30 people
We have what we have, we were hoping that Butch and company could mold and form it into something. We are unhappy with the results and the product being put on the field.

Reactions: 2 people

Give Butch some time.

We ended up with the results most of us thought. What I expect however, is to be able to put away a horrible Vandy team that got blown out by Temple.

Reactions: 7 people

Give Butch some time.

I posted something similar, sorry didn't see this. I agree completely.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think you get it. The worst vandy team in modern history just went toe to toe with us for 4 quarters.

Please.

In 1997, a 2-8 Vanderbilt team came into Neyland and played against Peyton Manning and the #3 Tennessee Volunteers. We only won 17-10. Vanderbilt has a tendency to play us tough.

Reactions: 69 people

Give Butch some time.

This. Exactly this. Times a million.

Injuries killed us. Tonight alone, Hurd, North, Croom and Crowder. HUGE losses on offense. I won't even count AJ and Willams.

23 true freshman we started. Zero players started on either line. We play in the toughest conference in the country. That's all you need to know.

Reactions: 14 people
GIVE BUTCH TIME....Guys we just had Our Offensive leader, Our QB (Even though Dobbs is our guy now) and had our Defensive Leader, MLB go out in AJ go out. Thats BOTH leaders on BOTH sides of the ball OUT. Idk what y'all can ask or expect from us now..

with that being said. LETS GO BOWLING

Reactions: 3 people

Vanderbilt went toe to toe with a few other teams as well. They are not completely void of talent. Their team lost a lot off of last years team. Scheme wise they are talented on defense. Note I said scheme wise. Mason is a good defensive coach. But you take out North. Malone. Smith. Croom. And then Hurd getting dinged up. That made them look better.

Reactions: 9 people
Moral victory for vandy but we r goin bowling even with all our injuries, suspensions, etc. It's great to be a Tn. Vol!

Reactions: 5 people
Hats off to team 118. At the start of the year some said we had one sure win on the schedule . Been a tough year congrats to the seniors and thanks. It goes by so fast I'm glad we got one more game to watch.

Please.

In 1997, a 2-8 Vanderbilt team came into Neyland and played against Peyton Manning and the #3 Tennessee Volunteers. We only won 17-10. Vanderbilt has a tendency to play us tough.

Most don't get that this game is close more times than not,no matter the records

Reactions: 7 people

I guess if you were a FSU fan you would be calling for Jimbo Fisher's head too. The worst FU team in 20 years just went toe to toe with the number 1 team and a hypeman trophy winner...

Good grief. Have a beer, and enjoy the moment.

Give Butch some time.

Most on here were predicting 5-7 or maybe even 4-8 after the Alabama game. I'm happy especially with another solid recruiting class coming in.

i am just thankful.. BOWL BOUND!!! NEVER I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!! Will I take for granted when the Vols do well. I am going to ENJOY the HIGHS and not let the lows get me anymore............. at least thats the plan.

VN Store

Back