Play Calling WILL Lose Us The Bowl Game

Coug

I'm glad we barely beat Vandy but the sad truth is that the play calling and/or lack of plays coming out of the book are not helping our offense. I'm no negavol but unless something changes between now and the bowl game(which it likely won't) we will be losing that bowl game.

Reactions: 24 people
Lose, we'd get steamrolled if we don't add some plays to that shallow set of options we rolled out today. Hopefully with a month to get ready they use it wisely.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm glad we barely beat Vandy but the sad truth is that the play calling and/or lack of plays coming out of the book are not helping our offense. I'm no negavol but unless something changes between now and the bowl game(which it likely won't) we will be losing that bowl game.
Right, let's already predict a loss right after a win against an unknown opponent. Makes sense. Just be happy please. We weren't winning the SEC East this year. Next year we should compete. This year we did what we were supposed to and showed signs of improvement in virtually every position.

Reactions: 26 people
notre dame or virginia tech. we probally will if we dont get players healed up! and the players need to know a bowl game is not fun it's a game to win. we need to be 7-6 BAAAADDD!

Reactions: 2 people
WRs out, starting rb out, oline shuffling around and a qb struggling with his accuracy. This game was a mess and the staff should just burn the game film. Means nothing to a game 3-4 weeks from now

Reactions: 27 people

Why don't you call plays then? I bet you don't know squat about calling plays...

Reactions: 11 people

Dobbs was off his passing game, had a pick and should have had two more. I think the play calling at the end showed a lack of confidence in him by the coaching staff

I believe the OC lost confidence in Dobbs throwing the ball down field. I don't know what they are going to do.

Mods can we delete this thread. We don't even know who we are playing and they are already counting it as a loss. This Fanbase makes me sick. A rival actually showed up to play today on rivalry week and people think we suck at football.

Reactions: 6 people
For what ever reason, the play calling was horrible tonight. He was calling plays very close to the chest with the "not to lose" mentality. I believe the whole AJ situation has greatly impacted this team negatively, plus injuries are adding up. Hopefully we play better in our bowl game and finish the season strong.

Reactions: 3 people

What do you expect. Our top RB, C, and most of our WRs are out. When we lost our center as bad as the O-line has been, he was calling out blocking assignments. Lets hope we get a lot of them back and then the play calling will be better. It was fine against Kentucky and S. Carolina. Just saying.

Offensive play calling is severely limited when the defensive line is in your backfield even before your o-line is out of its stance on every other play.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Reactions: 5 people
When we FINALLY did run the jet-sweep to Pig, he gained almost 9 yards on 1st down. We faked it up until that point and Vandy didn't even check themselves as they crashed in on Dobbs.

Why did we not run it more? Dobbs decision? Coaches decision?

Then....after we really ran the jet sweep, Dobbs keeps it and when we needed a 1st down - he got it.

Being consistently predictable will get you beat (and badly in some instances).

I'm pumped, but anxious....

VN Store

Back