Dobbs is not the answer

LittleDTO

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

Reactions: 14 people
The offensive line is obviously a big issue that keeps the offense from being consistent, but I don't think Dobbs is the QB I want to see leading The Orange the next few years...

Dobbs simply isn't a good enough passer to compete for an SEC title.

Hopefully we can recruit some talent at the QB position and find dual threat QB that can run this offense and make the correct reads.

Dobbs has been a jolt of energy this year when the offensive line was crushing the offense, but even when the line matures, I think Dobbs will hold us back.

I appreciate everything the kid has done this year, but his recent play is what the coaching staff saw during spring.

Reactions: 13 people
I just dislike our offensive scheme. I miss having a pro style offense with the I formation and a pocket passer. Dobbs can run but I want a QB who can throw the ball.

Reactions: 19 people
Butch jones has been trolling you all with Dobbs, it's clear Nathan Peterman is the guy to win it for us

Reactions: 3 people
Dobbs has made a huge improvement from last year to this year. Who says it won't happen again? Give the kid a break. We are going to be bowl eligible because of him.

Reactions: 27 people
I know you did this to get a multitude of views...still...:no:...need to test clean for all narcotics before starting threads IMO.

Reactions: 8 people
I just dislike our offensive scheme. I miss having a pro style offense with the I formation and a pocket passer. Dobbs can run but I want a QB who can throw the ball.

I agree with you, especially would like to see Hurd in a normal I, but almost all explosive offenses in NCAA are in the spread.

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

Totally disagree. He had a few poor throws (and I attribute at least 2 of them to bad snaps on timing routes) but that 96 yard drive where he accounted for at least 86 of it by himself shows his heart, determination, ability and potential.

He will only get better and he is pretty decent right now. This offense does not want another pocket passer, we have seen that it just doesn't work.

Reactions: 5 people

That's why it helps to get to a Bowl game. You get that extra practices. Dobbs was fine against S Carolina. He will be ok as our starting QB next year.

No offensive line, no playmakers at we minus pig, no Hurd. That's a lot to ask of a qb. Dobbs isn't what some thought he was, at least not yet but he will be fine when he gets some help around him.

Reactions: 3 people
That's why it helps to get to a Bowl game. You get that extra practices. Dobbs was fine against S Carolina. He will be ok as our starting QB next year.

I agree about the 15 practices for the bowl game. He will need it.

Dobbs is fine when they quit trying to make a pocket passer out of him. That defense needs to think he is going to run EVERY time. These long developing WR routes are not going to work when our QB cant trust the OL to hold the rush. They have to have a designed QB rollout with a run option for those routes to work. I just hope we can pull this win off and get to a bowl. While im &itching, I wished CBJ would stfu too the refs snd worry about whats going on now NOT what you THINK just f'n happened when it didnt. Makes you look like a dumba$$ on national TV. Vanderbuilts TD was on you DA.

Last edited:
:clapping::clapping::clapping::eek:lol::eek:lol:We got the OL Blues
We got no RB
But we will still blow this pitiful Vandy team back to dust

VN Store

Back