Maryville's Quarles could be the next Malzahn

VOLorNuttin

They are handing it to Oakland right now. 21-0 at halftime Offense seems similar to Bajakian's. If we happen to have a vacancy on the offensive staff in the next year or so, I hope Butch offers him the job.

His resume is stellar as a HS coach, and he could very well be the next offensive genius, like Malzahn, to come from the HS Head Coaching ranks. Could be molded to succeed Bajakian in the event Coach Jake gets an offer elsewhere, down the road. Not likely to happen, but I sure would like to see it.

Reactions: 4 people
They are handing it to Oakland right now. 21-0 at halftime Offense seems similar to Bajakian's. If we happen to have a vacancy on the offensive staff in the next year or so, I hope Butch offers him the job.

His resume is stellar as a HS coach, and he could very well be the next offensive genius, like Malzahn, to come from the HS Head Coaching ranks. Could be molded to succeed Bajakian in the event Coach Jake gets an offer elsewhere, down the road. Not likely to happen, but I sure would like to see it.

Tennessee has a smaller recruiting budget than maryville so I'm not sure if he would leave or not.

Reactions: 7 people

Very nice Mrs Quarles. Keep dreaming.....

Reactions: 3 people
Heard him talk at halftime.

Didn't get any kind of genius vibe.*

* Oakland high alum

What style of Offense does he run?

Great coach. I have heard nothing but good things about him. He hasn't seem interested in jumping to college. He will be successful at whatever he does.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope really don't have a fave......just know where their players come from.....not that it matters....they aren't the only ones that do it or the only sport that does it.

Truth....i played with guys who got letters about having their "tuition waived for their athletic contributions"

Know of others who were zoned for one school and ended up there....Granted they have a better education than most schools around here but there's no way that 10% of their teams parents paid the tuition

Truth....i played with guys who got letters about having their "tuition waived for their athletic contributions"

Know of others who were zoned for one school and ended up there....Granted they have a better education than most schools around here but there's no way that 10% of their teams parents paid the tuition

Yeah it's pretty rampant which kind of cheapens it some but if my sons grow up to be really good football players then I will probably send them to maryville too lol

Heard him talk at halftime.

Didn't get any kind of genius vibe.*

* Oakland high alum
Like you would listening to Gus Malzahn talk about his team's performance going into halftime?

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo8_250.gif

Reactions: 2 people
This conversation erry year without fail.
Not saying anything about wanting him to be HC. Just on staff as a position coach. If it's not so crazy for Malzahn, why should it be for a local coach who has impeccable credentials to move up to the next level?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back